GGHS Weekly Newsletter
Week 35 : May 10th - May 14th
MAY 11th: SCHOOL BOARD MEETING 4PM-7PM
· AICE Exams various days for the next 3 weeks
· AP exams starting on May 3
· 5/11-5/12 10th grade ELA Reading
This Month's Events
- Senior Awards Night
Tuesday 05/11 @ 6:30pm
- Orchestra Concert
Wednesday 05/12 @ 6:30pm
- Orchestra Concert
- JROTC Awards Banquet
- Spring Football Game vs East Lee Coast @ GGHS
Friday 05/28 @ 9:00am - 11:00am
CLASS OF 2022 - Senior Picture Information
SENIOR EXAM WEEK: MAY 18TH - MAY 21ST
- Students must have and wear a mask at all times.
- Students will scan in every day.
- Students must have their student ID for attendance purposes.
- Students must have a charged laptop for all exams.
- Students will need to clear all fines, return books, and return laptops w/chargers in the auditorium during this week.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR UPDATE
The 2020-2021 Academic Calendar was slightly updated at the February 9th Regular School Board Meeting to accommodate current plans for Class of 2021 Commencement ceremonies. Due to the pandemic, lack of access to sites/arenas, and added safety procedures, school facilities will need to be used and school staff will need to be available for graduation ceremonies.
Therefore, the following changes have been made to Friday, May 28th.
CHANGES TO FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2021
- STUDENTS - This day will now be a Virtual Learning HALF Day for ALL students instead of a normal Early Dismissal Day
- TEACHERS/STAFF - This day will now be a Teacher Planning Day
CLASS OF 2021 COMMENCEMENT
We are excited to announce current plans for Class of 2021 Commencement ceremonies! In collaboration with the Florida Department of Health-Collier and in order to accomodate added safety procedures, we have determined that graduation ceremonies will be held at each individual high school's campus.*
- DATE: Friday, May 28, 2021
- TIME: 9:00am
- WHERE: Each high school's football stadium (*Lorenzo Walker Technical High School will hold their ceremony at Paradise Coast Sports Park)
- GUESTS: Each graduate will be allowed up to two (2) guests. Seating will be in the stands and/or field using pre-identified, marked seats to allow each participant's two guests to sit together, while socially distancing from others
- HEALTH/SAFETY: All participants, including graduates and guests, will be REQUIRED to wear a face covering/mask
- VIRTUAL STREAMING: A LIVE virtual stream will be available for each high school's commencement ceremony (more details on how to access will be provided at a later date)
Class of 2021 seniors/parents will receive specific details regarding ticket distribution, graduation photos, graduation practices, and related senior events from their high school principal in the coming weeks.
It is important to note that the information provided above may change based on guidance from the Florida Department of Education, Florida Department of Health-Collier, and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.