Chapman Chargers Update
Good afternoon Chapman Families!
Thank you to all the Veterans and families that participated in our Veteran's Day Celebration here at Chapman and thank you for your service! Thank you Tiffany Reece for organizing this very special event.
Chapman had the honor of having the spotlight at last night's Board Meeting. Fifth graders Grace Sheidel, Joaquin Pate, and Carter Niezgoski led the Pledge of Allegiance while Kindergartner, Wyatt Hook was recognized for being the top fundraiser for the Color Run.
Congratulations to all of our great leaders at Chapman!
Thank you to Flat Rock Police Department for visiting Chapman and reading to many of our classes. They also donated the books that they read! It is always great to see our community organizations involved and giving back to the students.
This Friday (11/16) is Flannel Friday! Wear a flannel shirt to school!
* Please make sure that all students have coats (Boots and Snow pants too!) when they come to school! We are in that transition of cooler weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed recess because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and an extra set of clothes in backpacks in case students get wet playing in the snow.
The Craft Show is at Carlson THIS Saturday! The flyer is attached below. It is not too early to think about holiday gifts for friends and families.
The Box Top Luncheon will be on Wednesday, November 14th. This luncheon is by invitation only.
* The next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, November 13th at 6 PM
** Literacy Night for grades K-3 will be November 15th. We are very excited about this new event and hope all lower-elementary students and their families will participate.
The Turkey Trot is on Tuesday, November 20th. Buses will leave at 9 AM. Students need a permission slip in order to attend this event. The trophy ceremony will be at 3 pm but certificates and Turkey Tokens will be handed out later.
HALF DAY- 11/21
Thanksgiving Break 11/22-11/25. See you Monday, 11/26!
*The November Lunch Menu is now attached to this newsletter!
Please be patient and pull as far forward as possible in the car pool line. BOTH doors are open for students to enter the building. Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in car pool and not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the car pool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
Other Important Dates to Remember:
11/10 Craft Show at Carlson (see flyer below)
11/13 Banking Day
11/13 PTO Meeting 6 PM
11/14 Box Top Luncheon sponsored by PTO
11/16 Fundraising Winners' Limo Ride Sponsored by PTO (Tentative)
11/20 Turkey Trot- Lake Erie Metro Park
11/21 Half Day
11/22-11/23 No School Happy Thanksgiving
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettiland #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary