Tis the Season!
Christmas Around the World!
- Does the story remind you of anything in your life? (Text to Self) "Making a connection"
- What did you like about the story?
- Why does the title make sense?
- If you could add a page to the story, what would you write?
Topics covered this week!
- Classify objects into categories.
- Count the number of objects in each category.
- Sort the categories by counting.
- Tell whether the way objects have been sorted, counted, and compared makes sense.
Next week, we will begin a new topic!
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Ask your child the fun ways we learned how to ask questions and use them in our writing! We continued our unit by reading non fiction stories and we began to ask questions. I used this topic to show the students that we can write down information that we want to know or learn, and ask questions about what we read.
Fun With Opinion Writing!
Would you rather be an elf or a reindeer? Your child answered this fun question and gave reasons why they thought it would be better to be an elf or a reindeer. We created a chart displaying reasons supporting each choice. We discussed how being able to share why we feel a certain way supports the opinions that we have.
Word of the Week!
*Remember to practice your sight words at home!