Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Nov 15
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Thank you to MSU for providing our students All-Region masterclasses this week!
- Phase 1 All Region Recordings start tomorrow. Sign Up to record at school HERE!
- The Pit Crew Scholarship deadline is SUNDAY. Sign up below.
- SIGN UP for the football game on Nov 21. A few spots remain!
- The Mustang Band will attend away football games in a reduced capacity. The away game assignments/bus lists are HERE (must use GCISD email). If your name is missing from the list, please email Mr. Redd ASAP. We will send a signup for the volunteer spots in the following weeks.
- The Wind Ensemble will attend the Grapevine Parade of Lights on Thursday, Dec 3.
- Semester exams for band will be recorded beginning the week of November 30th. Students will have until Sunday, December 6th to submit the three components of the exam. Students will play the first and second Freshman cuts of the all-region music and 12 major scales for their audition. The assignment will be posted in Canvas starting on the 30th and the assignment will close on Sunday night.
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
Get your football tickets for MPS
They will be limited to 4-tickets per transaction.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.