AWANA Clubs Welcome Back Sept 5
6:25-8pm at Auke Bay Bible Church
1st Regular Club Night - Nightly Schedule
Here is the timing breakdown in case your clubber arrives late or needs to leave early so you know where they will be:
- 6:10-6:25 - T&T Agents of Grace Fast Track (come early to say your night's verse or extra credit silver/gold before club - meet your leaders in the conference room ready to quote the verse)
- 6:10-6:25 - Check-in (Note: if you arrive after 6:25, the check-in tables will be closed and you should head straight to your team)
- 6:15 - Leaders arrive, welcome clubbers, meet on game square
- 6:25-6:30 - Opening Ceremony
- 6:30-6:55 - T&T Large Group Time, Sparks Small Group Time, Cubbies Games
- 6:55-7:20 - T&T Small Group Time, Sparks Game Time
- 7:20-7:45 - T&T Game Time, Sparks Large Group Time
- 7:45-8:00 - Closing Ceremony—Awards, Announcements, Theme Activities
How to Earn Awana Bucks
Here is a quick breakdown of how to earn Awana bucks throughout the club year:
- $2 - Check-in DUBB - bring your $0.50 dues, uniform, handbook, and Bible each week
- $1 - Verses - one buck per section completed (two on double bucks nights)
- $5 - Guests - bring a friend and both you and your guest earn five bucks the first time they come (plus 20 bonus points for your team)
- $5 - Birthday - a special treat in your birthday card each year
- $1 - Winning Color Team - be the team with the most points from check-in, verses, and games and earn a buck at the closing ceremony
- $1-$5 - Bonuses - randomly awarded throughout club night for paying particularly good attention, quickly lining up, answering large group time questions, etc
Check In 6:10-6:25pm - Earn Points for Your Team - DUBB
Note: If you are new to Awana or have just moved up from one club to the next, you will earn your uniform after completing your Apple Acres Entrance Booklet (Cubbies), Flight 3:16 (Sparks), or Start Zone (T&T).
Don't have a Bible? Please let us know! We have Bibles we would love to give to any clubbers who do not already have their own.
- This year's Cubbies handbook: Honey Comb
- Full Cubbies Lesson Schedule
- Sept 5: Entrance Booklet
- Sept 12: Handbook Trail Bear Hug 1
We really appreciate everyone who volunteers to help out by bringing a snack for Cubbies. Let us know if your child has any allergies that we should be aware of.
Interested in a free app to help with memorizing the Cubbies verses? Click here!
Parents play a leading role in their child's spiritual development.
- Invest in your child's growing faith by reading and discussing the Bible and the handbook sections with your child and by helping him memorize the verses each week.
- Use the Parent Ideas section in each handbook to help your child understand the biographies and see how they fit in the Bible.
- BookWalks are an extra resource to "coach" parents and clubbers through the handbooks.
- Optional parent handbooks (Hang Glider, Wing Runner and Sky Stormer) from Awana at Home correspond to your child's handbooks. These books make it easy to learn more about the Bible and answer your child's questions.
- Handbook Audio Downloads are a nice extra component to help kids with memorizing their verses.
3rd-6th - This is the third year of the new curriculum update being used for all 3rd-6th graders, Agents of Grace. Every clubber is on the same lesson each week (the all-together method) like the Cubbies curriculum. With this setup, it is best if the clubbers do the Bible study bookwork at home before coming to club. There are also extra credit options each week for those who want extra challenges and extra awards (silver/gold).
- Sept 5 - Start Zone: The Gospel - Ephesians 2:8-9
- Sept 12 - Start Zone: The Bible - Romans 10:17
6th - 6th graders who are still working through the old curriculum (Ultimate Adventure/Ultimate Challenge) may continue working through those books or they can switch to the new curriculum.
Students in 6th grade can choose to attend either T&T or Trek, but they need to stick with the club that they choose rather than bouncing back and forth between them. Students 7th-8th grades are encouraged to get involved in Trek on Wed nights. They will meet in the Youth Building each week and Jess Dull will be the primary contact for questions.