PSA: Switch to solar energy.
And, maybe even electric cars.
Electric v Solar
Electric bills cost $1248.06 dollars per year. I don't know about you, but that's a lot. Now,
5kw solar panels cost about $10,000 dollars. "But Steven, that means electric bills are better!" You must be thinking. Those $10,000 dollars is a one time payment. You'll never have to pay again. The solar panel also last 25 years. 25 YEARS. For 25 years, you pay $31,201.05 dollars with electric bills. If you do the math, you save up to $21,201.05 dollars.
Also, consider an electric car.
"But why, Steven? We're kids." You must be thinking. Then tell your parents that average gas car costs are $3321 dollars per year and average electric car costs are $540 dollars per year. $540 dollars. That's $2781 of savings.
Do you know how much you can save?
- Your solar panels are silent! (so you can eat your cakes you bought with your saved money in peace)
- You don't need to tweak and get maintenance all the time.
- Electric cars look cool.
- Solar panels are always changing and getting better.
- It's renewable energy. You get bragging rights about how you're nice and green and nice to the environment. You're a green Na'vi.
- Conserve all that money. All of it.