We Are Kickapoo!
One Tribe! Engaging. Relevant. Personal. 9-24-15
Proud to be a Chief!
Staff Survey Celebrations!
2. Chief Ceremonial Assembly was absolutely the best one in years! Great job cabinet and Lori! Students loved sitting with their grade level.
3. Great job Football team for their win over GHS!
4. The student body and cabinet have inspired me this week. Students are more supportive this year to each other than in the past.
5. Thank you to Mrs. Hunsaker for your support and understanding with the new evaluation system.
6. Great job to the admin. team for being so positive and supportive. Scot Phillips is an outstanding A.D.
7. I like the focus of our PLC this year. We have great collaboration.
8. Our club sponsors do a great job providing opportunities for our students.
Tech Tool - Scanbot
● Creates high quality scans and converts the files to PDFs or JPEGs.
● Allows for uploading scanned files automatically to cloud storage services.
● Features an option to scan multiple page documents.
● Has an auto document detection feature that can be turned off and on.
● The app scans QR Codes and barcodes as well.
Shannon is available to support you and the work of your PLC in the use of this great free app. If you are having trouble, please schedule time to meet with Shannon.
What do Critical Thinkers Do?
- Understand the logical connections between ideas.
- Identify, construct, and evaluate arguments.
- Detect inconsistencies and common mistakes in reasoning.
- Solve problems systematically.
- Identify the relevance and importance of ideas.
- Reflect on the justification of one's own beliefs and values.
Blended Learning Definition
The video interview below with Michael Horn is very informative, but it is also 51 minutes long. It breaks down the changes that are taking place in schools and classrooms with Blended Learning.
Feedback in schools by John Hattie
This short text is definitely a must-read for everybody trying to learn more about the feedback model behind the Visible Learning research. John Hattie provides some interesting clarifications and explanations to his previous articles about feedback in schools: