News & Resources for Leaders in the SUHSD
The Together Leader: AP Book Study
AP's are asked to read Chapters 3-5 by October 9 and Chapters 6-8 for November 13. In order to be prepared to discuss the readings at the October AP meeting, please consider the following:
- When and how will you monitor progress toward your organization or team goals?
- What are your priorities over the next three months?
- How will a Meeting Matrix help you better align your time with your priorities?
Upcoming Management Meetings for AP's
- 14 - AP Learning & Equity Walk - Group B of MS/ HS Cohorts at SOM (SOM, RDR, CVM, BVM, NCM)
- 15- New AP Support (AP's within their first 3 years), 7:00-9:00 AM, A&B
- 9 - All AP Meeting (ALL AP's), 4:00-6:00 PM, PDC
- 10- AP Learning & Equity Walk at MOH (one AP from MVH; ELH; CPH; HH; MOH; SUH)
- 13 - New AP Support (AP's within their first 3 years), 7:00-9:00 AM, A&B
- 16 - Student Services through an Equity Lens series (ALL Management), 4:00-5:00, PDC
- 25 - AP Learning & Equity Walk at CVH (one AP from SOH; OLH; ORH; CVH; BVH; SYH; PAH)
- 26 - Twilight Workshop (optional professional growth for all leaders), 4:00-6:00 PM, PDC
- 1-2 - SLT Round 2 (one AP per site to attend as part of team), PDC
- 3 - New AP Support (AP's within their first 3 years), 7:00-9:00 AM, A&B
- 7 - SLT Round 2 (one AP per site to attend as part of team), PDC
- 13 - All AP Meeting (ALL AP's), 4:00-6:00 PM, PDC
You can access the schedule of Amy's site visits with AP teams here. Please make sure you have your site's visits on your calendars!
- Evidence-based feedback
- Open-ended, non-judgmental reflective questions
Some of you have asked for a sample list of reflective questions. I told you I wouldn't provide you that list because we need to work together to build our own skills in this area. However, in our discussions, many of you have come to realize that these two starters can lead you to open-ended, non-judgmental reflective questions. This beginning presumes positive intention and allows a teacher to describe his or her practice to you when answering (or thinking about) your reflective question.
- How do you ...
- In what ways do you...
Many leaders would like to see examples of what other sites are using for a feedback form. If your site has a feedback form (in any format/style) that you and your principal are willing to share, please email me the form or a link to the form.
Coaching for Impact
Want to Become the Best at What You Do? Read This.
Leadership Development and Systems Innovation
Dr. Amy Illingworth, Director of Professional Growth