ACA Pediatrics Council
Call for Nominations📣
You are invited to submit a nomination for Pediatric Chiropractor of the Year 2022! We invite you to reflect and consider those leaders who are making a significant contribution to the field of pediatrics in leadership, research, and/or service to the profession. Nomination deadline is October 15, 2022.
Nominees do not need to be Council members, however, Council membership will be a factor in deliberations to choose a winner. Send questions or concernt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award winner will be announced on 11/29/2022 during the ACA CCP Annual Member Meeting. Watch upcoming ACA CCP newsletter and emails for event details.
TEXT NECK IN PEDIATRICS
What Causes Text Neck?
Text neck is caused by poor posture when using a mobile device. It’s all too common to become hunched over with your head drooping forward and your shoulders rounded as you become engrossed in messaging, games and social media.
How to Avoid Text Neck
- Sit up straight with your chest out and your shoulders back.
- Bring your arms up in front of your eyes so that you don’t need to look down to see the screen.
- Tuck your chin into your chest to look down rather than dropping your head forward.
- If you must use your mobile device for lengthy typing, invest in an external keyboard.
- Rest your forearms on a pillow while typing to help minimize neck tension.
- Avoid using mobile devices while in bright sunlight. Straining to see the screen leads to jutting the chin forward, shifting work from the
spine to the muscles that hold up the head.
- Avoid looking at your phone for long periods of time while traveling in the car.
The best way to avoid text neck is to limit the use of your mobile device. If you need to send an e-mail, wait until you have access to a computer. If you need to share some information, call the person rather than texting them.
See Your Chiropractic Physician
If you find yourself aching despite your best efforts, your doctor of chiropractic can treat your pain and teach you ways to improve your posture.
ACA Peds Private FB Group REBOOT: Join Today
Join the members-only facebook group of the ACA Pediatrics Council. This is an open forum for posing questions or comments about the practice of pediatric chiropractic. Our executive council moderates this page and should be a valuable resource for any questions regarding cases, techniques, practice growth and management, etc. We hope you enjoy and utilize the ACA Pediatrics Council Private Group!
To join our council, please visit our website to download a membership application: www.acapedscouncil.org
Membership is free for students!
Benefits of joining:
- Valuable resource for doctors and students to openly interact with ACA Pediatrics Council Members
- Ask questions or share ideas related to patient/clinical cases, treatments or practice management tips
- Post about job openings, internship opportunities or requests
- Mentorship for docs and students alike
Share your passion, knowledge, and expertise!
Submit your application for the newly formed ACA CCP Speakers Bureau. Applications may be submitted to Dr. Mary Beth Minser, email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support of the ACA Pediatrics Council!
Together, we are working to advance the field of chiropractic pediatrics.
We would like to highlight some of the benefits of being a member:
Increases your visibility as a doctor of chiropractic who serves the pediatric community.
You are placed on a Find A Chiropractor list for colleagues to use or for the public to
find a chiropractor who treats pediatric patients, increasing your patient base.
Helps align yourself with other doctors of chiropractic who are like minded
in providing pediatric care and increased networking opportunities.
Provides opportunities to expand your educational resources.
Attending an annual symposium that highlights great speakers on multiple pediatric topics.
Discounted registration fees on educational courses and yearly symposium.
A complimentary subscription to Journal of Chiropractic Medicine
Social media messaging and interaction with colleagues through the council’s
Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Helps you market to your pediatric community… and much more.
There are so many more advantages to being a member that will enhance your pediatric practice. We invite students and first year graduates to join, as their membership fees are FREE! General membership is only $85.00 for ACA members.