Become a Youth Program Coordinator
Exciting Part-time Summer Work
Help connect families and students to have an amazing international experience this summer!
If you are interested in personally promoting the growth of international understanding and worldwide friendships, love kids, have strong ties to your community, are self- motivated, organized and energetic then this is the perfect part-time job for you!
Compass USA helps connect visiting students from France and Spain with loving homestay families for a 2-5 week experience in the United States. The students all speak English, and are looking to have a true American family experience. I am looking to hire a few Homestay Coordinators for Houston and the surrounding areas to help recruit host families, and be a resource to the students while they are here. A successful Coordinator needs to have lots of connections in his or her community to successfully recruit VOLUNTEER host families.
Our Individual Homestay Summer Program: Approximately fifteen to twenty 14-18 year old students from France and Spain will reside in your community with volunteer host families throughout the summer. Youth Program Coordinators will be responsible for the following:
- Recruit volunteer host families for the students
- Interview Host Family in their home
- Complete Host Family Matching Forms and send it to your supervisor
- Inform Host Family of student’s arrival time and arrange for the student to be picked up from the airport
- Meet with the student within 48 hours after arrival and introduce yourself and your community. Sign student guidelines and send to supervisor
- Make contact w/Host Family weekly
- Arrange airport transportation…if the Host Family cannot, it is the responsibility of the PC to do so
- Arrange for the students and Host Family to complete their evaluation forms.
·Pay is per participant and based on the number of weeks that the participant is here for. Submission of required paperwork by deadlines is required to receive pay. Position is open from spring (Feb/Mar) through the end of summer (Aug).
Compass USA works with sending organizations in France, Spain and Austria. We start receiving applications in January and the students start to arrive mid-June and depart by the 2nd week of August. All students arrive different dates.
Many of our successful Youth Program Coordinators are affiliated with local schools and/or churches, are well connected in the community and enjoy incorporating international fellowship and learning into their community while working from home and earning some extra money.
Please contact Nicole Barton at 832-922-3672 or email@example.com for more information. You can also check out www.compass-usa.net for more information about the company; please note that this position is specifically for the Homestay Program.