Hillcrest Elementary School
Week of August 28, 2022
This Week's Happenings at HES
Please see our Weekly Reminders and Important Dates below.
- Refer to the copy of the Dress Code Policy that was included in your beginning of the year packet, as well as on our school website, to make sure your child is dress appropriately. This policy refers to students in grades K-4.
- All students in grades Kindergarten - 4th should have clear or mesh book bags.
- Picture Day Thursday- Students will take pictures for their student ID badges for the year. Information was also sent home if you would like to order pictures. If you need another flyer, please reach out to the school before Thursday. Students must follow the dress code policy on this day as well.
- Welcome Back Night & Progress Reports- Please come out Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. to meet all of your child's teachers and learn about the grade level expectations for the year. At the end of the evening, you will receive your child's first progress report for this school year. We're looking forward to seeing you Thursday!
- Local School Governance Board Parent Representative Nominations & Voting: Tomorrow is the last day we will accept nominations for the parent representative position on our LSGB. Voting will take place Thursday evening during our Welcome Back Night.
- Please arrive before 8:00 a.m. to ensure that your child has time to eat breakfast before classes begin.
- School starts at 8:15 a.m. Your child will be marked tardy if they arrive after 8:15 a.m.
- School Dismissal begins at 3:15 p.m.
- Make right turns ONLY when exiting the car rider drop-off/pick-up line.
- Please allow our staff to enter the parking lot in the mornings by keeping the car rider lane open at the entrance near the playground.
- Car Rider Parents: To help ensure the safety of loading and unloading our precious cargo (students), please place your car in the Park position while students are entering/exiting the vehicle.
Thank you again for your support and allowing us an opportunity to serve your child! We're looking forward to another awesome week at HES! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance.
NED Show Presentation
STEAM- Great GA Pollinator Census
STEAM- "Engineering Design Process" for the Great GA Pollinator Census
Coming Up Next...
August 30 & 31: Beacon Assessment (3rd and 4th Grade Students)
September 1: Fall Picture Day (Student Uniform Required)
September 1: Welcome Back Night & 1st Nine Week Progress Reports @ 5:30 p.m.
September 5th: Labor Day Holiday (No School for Students or Staff)
September 9th: Grandparent's Day Recognition
Location: 1100 Edgewood Drive, Dublin, GA, USA
Phone: (478) 353-8200