The Fault In Our Stars
- This story includes man vs self, which is when a person struggles with something within themselves, man vs man, when a person struggles with another person and man vs nature, when a person struggles with something nature has thrown at them.
- Man vs Self because Hazel has to learn and cope with the fact that she has cancer and she has to go through the death of Agustus.
- Man vs Man when they went to visit Peter Van Houten and he didn't want to answer any of their questions, he was angry and disrespectful.
- Man vs Nature because Hazel has cancer.
"Like all sick children, you say you don't want pity, but your very existence depends upon it." , "Im a grenade." ," I'm sixteen. Thyroid with meets in my lungs."
- Setting describes where and when the story takes place.
- The setting in this story is mainly in Indianapolis.
- Although, they do go to Amsterdam to visit the author of Hazel's favorite novel.
"The day before we left for Amsterdam, I went back to support group for the first time since meeting Agustus."
- Theme is a main idea or message.
- The theme of TFIOS is that love triumphs over struggle and hardship.
"I'l fight it. I'll fight for you. Dont worry about me, Hazel Grace. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."