What do you do as a fashion designer?
Fashion design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social latitudes, and has varied over time and place.
Skills needed in order to do this job.
To become a fashion designer, you will need to have:
- a good eye for colour, texture and shape.
- an understanding of the characteristics of fabrics and how they can be used.
- technical skills such as pattern cutting and sewing.
- the ability to spot and develop trends.
- drawing skills.
- the ability to use computer design packages.