The Rigsby Reader
Updates from Room 311
Parental To-Do List
- Sign Permission Slips- Dance & Montreat
- Email/Send in copies of sports or activity schedules! Last week I went to a softball game and a baseball game- I'd love to see your 4th grader doing what they love!
- Make sure that I have your email address if you have one.
- Follow me on twitter (@mrskarenrigsby) to see updates about our classroom successes!
25 Vs: Rigsby/Parker
We are up to 25 students! While we don't have a teaching assistant in 4th grade- we are lucky to have Ms. Parker to keep us company. Ms. Parker is volunteering with us from the 'Foster Grandparent' program. She's worked with students at Claxton for a few years. Ms. Parker loves to "help children learn how to read!" Between the two of us we are giving your child as much love and attention as we can throw at them. However, please be patient if we send the Thursday folder home on Friday, or forget to send an extra copy of a form home. Our focus is on keeping your child safe and teaching them what they need to know to be successful in 4th grade!
What We Are Learning
- Math: Place Value, Rounding, Comparing Numbers- TEST FRIDAY
- Reading: mClass Reading Testing
- Writing: Writers build well rounded characters from the inside out!
- Science: 1st Quarter: Animal Adaptation Unit
- Social Studies: Symbols of North Carolina
Dates to Remember:
- September 12th: Sports Day (wear your favorite team's shirt!)
- September 17th: Montreat Team Building Field Trip (rescheduled because of bus drivers! permission slip to be sent home shortly)
- September 18th: Back to School Fall Dance (Pick up at 4:15)
- September 26th: Parent Teacher Conference Day (No School)
Finding Mrs. Rigsby
If your child has a change in how they are going home- please send a note with your child or call the classroom and leave a message. I try to check my email often- but once I'm teaching I don't stop! Please let me know how I can help your student be successful.