Happenings on the Hill
MHBS 5-12 Communications/Oct. 21, 2016
Pink Game Tonight! Wear Pink! Support the Panthers!
Life Retreat Details
- If you ordered Life Retreat shirts by last Monday's deadline, shirts will be delivered to your child at school as soon as they're ready. You may still order "Deeper" shirts on the online campus store, but they will not be available before the retreat next week.
- If you volunteered to send desserts, please send them to Mrs. Harmon Monday morning.
- High school students who turned in permission slips and money will leave Monday after lunch to travel to Life Retreat at Indian Creek Christian Youth Camp in Oakman.
- We will return Tuesday afternoon very close to 3 p.m.
- Students should bring toiletries, a pillow, sleeping bag/bedding, towel, clothes for Tuesday, jacket, Bible, footballs, frisbees, enos, and a Bible.
NJHS Bake Sale Next Week
NJHS will host their October bake sale Monday and Tuesday in the cafeteria.
2016-17 Mizpahs for Sale
In order to receive the best price on the 2016-17 yearbook, you need to place your order no later than Dec. 16. Through Dec. 16 yearbooks are $65 each. You can buy your yearbook on line here. Also, order forms have been sent home and are available at school; you may send cash or a check made to MHBS.
*Please note that if you order a yearbook online, the company will charge you a $2 processing fee in addition to the cost of the yearbook.
Mark Your Calendars
Oct. 21: No Senior Chapel or Lunch; Cornerstone (Faulkner Performing During Chapel)
Oct. 21: Varsity Football @ Home vs. Hatton/PINK GAME, 7 p.m.
Oct. 21: Volleyball @ Regional Tourney in Huntsville (V), TBA
Oct. 24-25: NJHS Bake Sale
Oct. 24-25: Life Retreat (9-12)
Oct. 26-27: Volleyball, State Tourney in Birmingham (V), TBA
Oct. 28: Deadline for Junior Civitan Applications and Dues; Give to Mrs. Foust
Oct. 28: Varsity Football @ Home vs. Shoals Christian (Senior Night), 7 p.m.
Oct. 31: Booster Club Meeting, Chorus Room, 6 p.m.
Nov. 2: Coffee with the Board, Larimore Home, 8:10 a.m.
Nov. 3: Basketball @ Colbert Co. (8G, 8B), 4:30, 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 4: Basketball @ Home vs. Shoals Christian (8G, 8B), 4:30, 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 10: Basketball @ Hatton (8G, 8B), 6, 7 p.m.
Nov. 15: Basketball @ Wilson (7B, 8G, 8B), 4, 5, 6:15 p.m.
Future Panther Cheerleaders
2016-17 Theme: Deeper
Thus says the Lord, "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 9:23-24 (ESV)
Let Us Know What's Going On... Let Others Know What's Happening on the Hill!
The mission of Mars Hill Bible School is to provide every student--in a cooperative effort with the home and family--a Christ-centered, Bible-based education in an environment that fosters spiritual, academic, physical, and social growth.