Crazy For Kindergarten
Mrs. Bolon's Class Newsletter 4/4/16-4/8/16
Our Week in Pictures
Learning about adjectives with Fun Dog, Sun Dog.
Room 4 is...
What adjectives describe YOU? Very thoughtful responses!
We are brightening our halls for spring. We can't wait for you to see our adjective flowers!
This Week in ELA...
Theme: Seasons and Weather
- Main Idea and Details
- Locating Text Evidence
- Compare and Contrast
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Retelling Stories
- Opinions are personal thoughts or feelings.
- Opinion writing uses opinion sentence starters. (I think... My favorite... I believe...)
- Opinions are supported with details. (Example: I like strawberries because they are red, sweet and juicy.)
We refer to our anchor charts during writing.
Locating text evidence to support our conclusions.
Cast your vote!
We vote RABBIT!
- Monday: Day 3
- Tuesday: Day 4; LMC Books
- Wednesday: Day 5
- Thursday: Day 1;Popcorn Journals
- Friday: Day 2
- Leadership Day: We are getting excited for Kipling's First Leadership Day! We will be welcoming local leaders and administrators and teachers from near and far to show off the amazing transformations and leadership that have taken place this year at Kipling School. The students are really looking forward to this special day.
- Student Showcase: We are equally as pumped for Student Showcase Night. Our school will be open from 5:30-7:30 PM to students and parents. During this special evening, your child has the opportunity to share his/her progress and work samples from this year, show you around our classroom and even take you to visit special classes. Don't miss this exciting evening!