The Progression of Education
Keep Moving Forward...
Flash from the Past...
What were classrooms like?
- Facts are learned from textbooks
- Students sit in rows
- Work is written
- Students must abide by rules set by the teacher
- Every student is treated the same
- Written and multiple choice testing
Here and Now.
- Integration of technology in classrooms
- Cooperative learning
- Variety of educational tools used: Powerpoint, video, graphic organizers, smart boards, computers, iPads
- Accommodations are made for every student
- Variety in lesson plans
- Informal and formal assessment methods
RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms
What comes next?
- Mobile education
- Online learning
- Use of books is minimal
- Submission of work and tests only electronically
- Incorporation of advancing technology
Creativity is the Future of Education