October 18, 2019
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Saturday, October 19, 2019
· St. Charles Fire Department Open House, 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Fire Station #1 & Municipal Parking Lot, 112 N. Riverside Avenue
Monday, October 21, 2019
· 3rd-grade field trip Super Sack Lunch orders DUE
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
· Group and Picture Re-take day
Friday, October 25, 2019
· 3rd-grade field trip to Hickory Knolls
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
· October Leopard Birthday Lunches with Mrs. Woodring
Thursday, October 31, 2019
· Halloween Parade and Classroom Parties begin at 1:40 p.m.
Friday, November 1, 2019
· End of 1st trimester
· 1st grade ThinkFirst for Kids Bike Helmet Safety Assembly
· 5th grade ThinkFirst for Youth Safety Assembly
Sunday, November 3, 2019
· Annual Lincoln Skate Night at Funway, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Monday, November 11, 2019
· Veteran’s Day Assembly-If you have a veteran that would like to attend please complete the form.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
· Volunteer at Feed My Starving Children, see PTO newsletter for more information
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
· Report Cards available on HAC
· School Improvement Day/Half Day
· 11:15 a.m. - morning Kindergarten students dismissed
· 11:40 a.m. - full-day Kindergarten - 5th-grade students dismissed
No afternoon Kindergarten classes
Although this past week was a day short we were busy at Lincoln continuing our goals and to fulfill our school vision. Over the summer a group of Lincoln staff members came together and put our values into a vision statement. Our work this year is guided by this vision.
Our Vision-Lincoln School is a community that fosters a sense of belonging to grow as a citizen and a learner.
Today was our first day for Lincoln WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students). Two fathers, Mr. Becker and Mr. Lougheed joined our morning, greeting students with high fives, highlighting a positive message during our Brightside and leading the pledge in morning announcements, and participating in core content and specials classes. Below are photos from their day at Lincoln. If you are a father figure, grandpa, uncle and are interested in participating in this wonderful mentoring program please email Ms. Kappele at email@example.com. We have a few openings still available.
Last week our teachers spent Friday afternoon learning and setting goals to reach our literacy and mathematics School Improvement Goals. We also unveiled our new literacy room, and teachers were able to plan their literacy workshop using the new resources that were purchased. Thank you to the many many volunteers that have helped us organize the materials and resources in this space.
FROM THE SECRETARY:
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Monday, November 25th from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Tuesday, November 26th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Conferences are scheduled at 20-minute intervals.
Sign-ups for conferences will open up on Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. in Home Access Center (HAC) via the Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduler link. You will have until midnight on Friday, November 22, 2019 to sign up.
Instructions on how to schedule a conference are attached to this newsletter.
If you experience any difficulties logging into HAC, or have forgotten your password, feel free to email Debbie Fick at firstname.lastname@example.org and list your student(s) names.
Doors to the school open to the students in the morning at 8:25 a.m. and at 12:15 p.m. for afternoon kindergarten (PMK). Students arriving after 8:40 a.m. (or after 12:25 p.m for PMK) are considered tardy and need to report to the main office for a pass.
If your student will be absent, please call the 24-hour attendance line at 331.228.2500.
School Pictures Retakes and Group photos
RE-TAKES and GROUP PHOTOS have been rescheduled for Tuesday, October 22, 2019
If you are in the scouts please remember your sash, vest or uniform.
Veterans Day Assembly
This year Lincoln will celebrate Veterans Day on Monday, November 11th! Veterans Day is a day set aside to honor American veterans of all wars. Many of us know or have known men and women in our families or friends who have served in the armed forces to defend our country. This year we would like to take time to honor these individuals by acknowledging their time served and to honor them at an assembly beginning at 8:50 am on that day. If you have a family member that is able to be present during our assembly please complete the following form so we can plan for their attendance. Veteran's Day Form.
If your child has someone in your family, or a friend of your family, who they would like to honor we are asking you to complete the attached flyer and include a photo. These will be posted in the school entrance hallway as recognition of their service, this way we can honor those Veterans near and far.
St. Charles Fire Department Visit
- What can you do if you hear a fire alarm when you are in your room? (Go to a door, but feel the door with the back of your hand first)
- What can you throw out of your window to indicate you are trapped in your room? (Students were told to open window, take out screen and throw out stuffed animals and or toys, so the firemen know a child is in the room.)
- Where should you go once you are out of the fire safely? (Make sure you have a meeting place)
There is also a BrainPop video your child could view using BrainPop Jr., a resource we have available for students at Lincoln. below is the link.