October 28th - November 8th
Food for Thought from Bob Marzano
Veteran's Day Assembly
MRA Compensation Design Teacher Feedback Sessions
As a reminder, from Damian's October 22nd letter regarding the work on a comprehensive Compensation Plan for the District:
Teacher listening sessions are scheduled for December 11 and December 12, from 4:00-5:30 p.m. in the banquet hall at Townline Restaurant. Mary Aprahamian and Laura Prokop of MRA will provide an overview of the design process and share general updates on our progress. Thereafter, they would like to hear specific staff ideas and questions.
To review the entire letter, CLICK HERE
November 13th Staff Meeting
Here is the link to our November 13th Staff Meeting Agenda. Because we recognize that you have been working extremely hard on your SLO's, PPGs, conferences, grading, technology integration and - oh yes! - teaching kids, we are trying something a little different this month. Here is what we are thinking for this meeting:
- Business (20-30 minutes). Because House Meetings and HASHTAG have served to cover most of the "business" items (flipping the meeting) we will have only 20-30 minutes worth of items to cover (including positives/appreciations and choice items).
- Optional Professional Development (30 minutes). That's right, optional. If you need help or support in one of the areas covered by the sessions below then this is a great opportunity to work on it! If not, or if you just need more time for something else, then you are excused following the business portion of the meeting.
Available PD Sessions:
SAMR(i) (Joyce Treml) - Pick up those swords and iPads! Let’s take a look at how to use the iPad apps to start flipping the classroom. We will review what the SAMRi Model is followed by hands on application and lesson examples. All learning warriors are welcome.
Schoology (Phil Hart) - Open lab time with your Macs to ask questions and share with colleagues some of the ways you are using Schoology to facilitate learning in your House. A great chance for professional dialogue, sharing and troubleshooting using this tool.
Google Drive: Transferring Files (Jen Wagner-Myers) - Now we can see our drives from our Macs, what should I move or convert? How do I convert files? We will look at organizing your Drive and converting files.
Guided Reading (Tracy Coopmans) - Need help setting up your guided reading groups? Want to know how to “fit it all in” to the time you have? Want to know more about what to work on during your groups or what other kids can work on? This session is for you! Designed as an “open lab”, participants are encouraged to come with questions and leave with practical suggestions that can be used immediately in the classroom.
- Staff Pickle Ball Tournament - Following the PD sessions, anyone who is interested can participate in a staff Pickle Ball tournament! Come to play or just to cheer on (or laugh at) another staff member as we spend some time just having fun together. Of course, you can't play Pickle Ball in dress shoes, so feel free to have a casual day on the day of the meeting.
PLEASE SIGN IN HERE (All Staff) to indicate whether or not you plan to attend a PD SESSION and which one you will attend, and to indicate whether you plan to PLAY PICKLE BALL or not. This is critical to our planning, so please take a minute to fill out the form by WEDNESDAY, NOV. 6th.
December 11th Staff Meeting
Due to the MRA listening sessions that are scheduled for December 11th and 12th, and the fact that the Lineville Play is also scheduled for December 12th AND because this year is exceptionally difficult anyway, I am CANCELING the December Staff Meeting. Enjoy - and please remember this as you are sitting in the January Staff Meeting...
Educator Effectiveness Updates
- House meetings are wrapping up. You should have had a House Meeting with the Principals and have your Professional Practice and SLO goals SUBMITTED prior to Nov. 1st.
- You should be surveying your students and submitting the HSSD TPES Learner Fall Survey Growth Plan by November 9th (end of 1st Quarter).
- NEW TEACHERS ONLY - You should be scheduling a formative observation with Phil or Kristin during the first two weeks of November.
- Phil and Kristin are beginning to conduct Walk Through evaluations. We have "tweaked" the official form and put it on a Google Form. Phil has also found a way to e-mail you the results, but it will be from "PRINCIPAL" or "ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL". If we have been in your room, look for it (because it kind of looks like spam). You may see us trying this out in your classroom soon!