Birth Date and Place
Death and Burial Place
- He Member of the Eureka Benevolent society.
- Levi was Inducted in California hall of fame.
- He Helped fund a synagogue.
- He also Helped Build a railroad.
- Levi was a Millionaire.
- Levi Brought and sold real estate.
- He Began establishing a wholesale dry goods business, selling everything from clothing to umbrellas to bolts of fabric.
- Levi was a well-known figure in
San Francisco, yet despite his stature as an important businessman, he insisted
his employees call him Levi, and not Mr. Strauss.
- Levi never married nor had
he was a tailor from Nevada and one of Levi’s regular customers who purchased bolts of cloth from his dry goods wholesale business.
"Levi Strauss." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Vol. 20. Detroit: Gale, 2000.Biography in Context. Web. 17 Nov. 2013.
SOME EXTRA FACTS FROM