Week of April 27 - May 1
Where Learning Is Delightful
1. Increase student academic achievement and close the achievement gap.
2. Increase quality use of data to drive instruction (Quality of Instruction).
3. Improve campus culture and climate.
Welcome to the new DeGolyer Details Newsletter!
It contains two main sections:
Information- This includes all operational items like action items, upcoming dates, school event pictures, staff spotlights, etc.
Instruction- This section includes resources that you can use in your classroom as well as "trending" observations (Teaching practices we are seeing) on our campus.
This newsletter will allow you to even add comments at the bottom - So we can collaborate with one another in one central location!
There is space for pictures, website links, videos and so much more! If you have any resources you would like to share with the staff - email Ms. Newton by Thursdays at 5.
We hope you enjoy!
2. Data Digs
Climate Survey Incentive Reminder!
Remember- No one will be able to view your responses.
The vote is in! Real School Gardens Training will be June 12th
Friday, June 12th, 8am
3453 Flair Drive
4-27-15 Report Cards go home
4-27-14 ILT 3:30
4-28-15 FSAC Meeting 3:20
4-29-15 TAG Open house 3:00-7:00 (Portable B)
4-30-15 College Shirt Day
4-30-15 Pizza & Game Truck 3:00-5:30 (1st-3rd Gr)
5-01-15 Career Day
5-01-15 Daddy/Daughter Dance 7:00-8:30
5-04-15 ILT 3:30
5-05-15 5th Grade Ballroom Dancing 11:00
5-05-15 SBDM 3:30
5-07-15 School Musical 7:00
5-08-15 School Musical 1:15-2:45
5-12-15 BOC 3:30
(Bold text indicates it has been added since last Dolphin Details)
This Week's Duty
Cones, Carpool & Crosswalk:Mila & Katinas Martinez (7:45-8:00)
Auditorium: Bledsoe, Childs, Palacios, & CuellarFoyer: Cederwall & Brinkman
Afternoon Crosswalk Duty
Report to Duty by 2:50 and Stay Until 3:10
Monday - K-2: Feasel 3-5: Brinkman
Tuesday - K-2: Benton 3-5: Mays/Wilke
Wednesday - K-2: Martinez 3-5: Newton
Thursday - K-2: Butler 3-5: McMillan
Friday - K-2: Dosker 3-5: Campbell
Spectacular Staff Spotlight
- Shout out to the Kinder team for working incredibly well together to create rigorous and meaningful lessons for our kiddos!
- Super Thanks to Ms. Dosker-Watkins for the seamless coordination and delivery of STAAR Testing!
- Way to go to the ENTIRE staff for your cooperation & assistance during STAAR- Because of each one of you, our students had the best testing environment possible!
(In the comments section at the bottom- Feel free to share ways that you maximize instructional time in your classroom!)
This week we will look at 3.1 - Maximizes Instructional Time (Redirecting off-task behavior)
(Correcting off-task behavior in a timely & specific manner)