~ Hawley School Newsletter: February 28, 2021 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
It has been a while. Why? Well, Remote Days and Snow Days and Half Days, Oh My! Quaran... Never Mind, you get it.
Happy New Year, MLK B-Day, Groundhog's and Valentine's Days!
OK, all caught up.... Well, we are BACK and here to show you (since you still can't come in ;0(
that we are still Learning, Laughing, Smiling and Rockin' School!
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .......
It is imperative that drivers watch him for signals to stop, wait and proceed. Cars driving around other cars or turning on their own puts others in danger.
Your patience and cooperation are greatly needed and appreciated.
Click HERE for more information.
Click HERE for the Hawley Squad Donation Page.
Your support is greatly appreciated!!
Program Status Update
- Kindergarten is currently on worksheet 5. There are ten worksheets, which if your child starts now, they will have more than enough time to complete.
- 1st - 4th grade are currently on worksheet 16.
This is a self-pass program. All worksheets should be finished and student progress entered on the Google Form by May 16th.
Click HERE to access the program, worksheets, answers, schedule, and progress forms
~ Counselor's Resources ~
Our school counselor (Mrs. Shapiro) has created an interactive virtual office space for the students to explore and use whenever they would like.
It contains different slides and the items in the rooms have links that can be clicked to bring up different resources such as:
- Read Alouds
- A form to submit a note of thanks to any staff member
- A check-in request form for students that want to meet with the counselor.
In addition, if any parent would like to request a 1:1 Google Meet session between their child and Mrs. Shapiro, you can complete this check-in sign up form. Parents can also email Mrs. Shapiro with questions or concerns (email@example.com).
Important Reminders / General Info
- Until further notice, All Wednesdays are 3-Hr Early Release Days regardless of the Instructional Model that we are in. We will dismiss at 12:37 pm, please plan accordingly.
- Thank you for the delicious lunch that parents and the PTA provided us. The Valentine's Love was greatly appreciated.
- Remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Tech Issues that you are experiencing. This helps us prioritize and monitor all requests.
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages. They truly keeps us going!
Dates to Remember
- Wed, 3/3: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Wed, 3/10: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Wed, 3/17: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Thurs & Fri, 3/18-3/19: 3-Hr Early Release Days for Teacher Requested Parent Conferences
- Wed, 3/24: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students
- Wed, 3/31: 3-Hr Early Release Day for students