Focus Question: How does the Sun affect the Earth?
How the SUN Affects the EARTH
- The Sun is a star that produces heat and light deep down inside of it.
- The Sun produces and gives off its own heat and light.
- Earth receives that heat and light after they travel through space.
- The Sun is the source of almost all energy on Earth.
- Plants take the Sun's energy and uses it to make food energy.
- The Sun's energy causes weather conditions on Earth.
- Heat from the Sun caused the process of evaporation of water on Earth's surface.
- The Sun's energy is stored in fossil fuels (for example: coal, oil or natural gas) that formed from some organisms that dies long ago.
Facts About the Sun - Links
Interesting Sun Facts:
NASA website about the Sun:
National Geographic website about the Sun:
In your science journals, copy the image below. Use the rays from the Sun to Earth to list facts about how the Sun affects the Earth.