Peek at the Week
February 5 - 9, 2018
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." ~ Henry Ford
Busy week ahead!
- Last day for magnet applications to be accepted
- 100th Day of School!
- 4K Registration will be taking place all day beginning Tuesday and continuing through June 1.
- Faculty Meeting at 3:00
- Firehouse Subs Night
- Grade-Level Meetings in my conference room. We will take a break from our regular GLP for K-5 and have team discussions. You don't need to bring anything except an open mind. :)
- 5th Graders will meet with Glenview and McCants counselors to discuss 6th grade registration. 5th Grade teachers will receive more info about the locations
- Strategic Planning - As a part of our AdvancED process, all schools will be meeting with their various stakeholders at TLHanna (Westside cluster will meet at Westside), to discuss our strategic plan. This includes our Mission and Vision statements, Beliefs, and Goals for the next five years, based on data.
Miss Nelson is Missing! National Children's Theater Performance in the auditorium
8:30 - 4K, 5K, 1st and 2nd grades / Green
9:45 - 3rd grade - 5th grade / Cary
- Sweetheart Swing from 6:30 - 8:00
Hustle for the Heart - Last call for donations is Friday!
Hustle for the Heart is next Wednesday, Feb. 14th. We will publish the schedule closer to the date, but every class will have about 30 min. to go outside (weather permitting) and walk/run. If it's raining or too cold, we will be inside. You will be allowed to wear athletic clothes for this event (leggings/ spandex rule still applies :)).
Class pictures and our staff picture are next Thursday, Feb. 15th. We will have the staff picture in the auditorium after car dismissal at 3:00.
Monday, Feb. 19th is a PD day. We will be working with the Sheriff's office for Active Shooter Training. I've spoken with district office staff and received permission for all North Pointe staff to miss any training that may have been previously planned for your department so that every staff member can attend.