October 8th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
LVES Mission and Vision
Knowing our New Crew - Mr. Ledesma
Hello Pony Family! I am excited to be teaching 5th grade here at Lewisville Elementary. I grew up in Slaton, TX, a small West Texas town and still call it my home. I graduated from Texas Tech University and I am a big time Red Raider. I started my teaching career in DISD prior to joining Lewisville ISD this year. Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my wife and kids. I’ve been married for 25 years. My oldest son, Tye, recently graduated from Texas Tech and started his first year of teaching as a middle school coach and Science teacher. My daughter, Cayla, is a junior in high school. She plays softball, helps me coach, and keeps me laughing. My youngest son, Michael, just started middle school. He plays club baseball and basketball. My spare time is spent coaching, volunteering in our community, or watching my kids play. In the classroom, I enjoy helping my students reach their full potential and learn what it means to be a good citizen. I look forward to a productive year!
Friday (10/12) - Early Release Schedule
- Students early release schedule and information: Click here
- Focus: Begin having your parent conferences on this day.
- Lunch: you can choose to eat out with your team or stay on campus for lunch
- Early Dismissal for staff : Friday, October 12 - 1 hour early release (2:45 p.m.)
Teacher Parent Conferences -Friday, October 12
What to discuss during conferences with parents?
- Glows about their Ponies - Always begin with positives about the student.
- Ask... What can you tell me about (student name)?
- Go over their Istation scores.
- Review Title I Parent Compact.
- Consider including the student in the conversation.
- Behaviors - social behaviors and academic behaviors including study skills
- Grows (concerns) - What specific action will help the child increase their level of success?
- End your conference with another Glow (another positive).
Restorative Practices- Closing the Attitude Gap
Let's make a difference in the life of each one of our students.
All means all! How are we differentiating for our Gifted Students?
Safe and Civil - 4th and 5th Grades Morning Cafeteria Procedures
Remember to follow Safe and Civil Policies. Your Advisory Committee members will discuss with you changes to the cafeteria and hallway procedures. We will also review all these changes in our next Staff Learning.
Do you need a review now?
Campus Professional Development Day
Who: All LVES staff members are required to attend
Time: 8:00 to 4:00 Please be ready to learn at 8:00 a.m.. Arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 to 12:00 (on your own)
Location: Valley Creek Church/1305 TX-121 Business, Lewisville, TX 75067
Please Register: https://lew.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=27308
2018 Homecoming Information
Our Pony Week
- Student Holiday
- Professional Learning
- GT Social & Emotional - Online
- No Collaborative Planning
- No Pony Time
- Dress for Success
- Advisory Meetings with Principal 3:15 to 4:15
- Math LF
- Mrs. O'Donnell Birthday
- PTA Board Meeting at 3:30
- Dr. Rogers comes to talk with the staff **** No Tutoring
- STUDENT EARLY RELEASE
- Spirit Day END OF 1ST NINE WEEKS
- No Pony Time
- October 8th: Student Holiday/ Professional Learning
- October 9th: GT Social & Emotional - Online
- October 12th: STUDENT EARLY RELEASE/ END OF 1ST NINE WEEKS
- October 15th: 1st 9 weeks grades due
- October 15-19: LISD Gives Back (United Way) Campaign
- October 15th: Homecoming Week-Martian Monday- Wear GREEN
October 16th: Homecoming Week-Martian Tuesday- Shine like a STAR- Wear NEON
October 17th: Homecoming Week-Wednesday Homecoming Shirts or/ College Shirts and Staff Learning 3:15 to 4:00/LHS Homecoming Parade 4:30
October 18th: Homecoming Week-Thursday Space Jammy Day- Wear PAJAMAS and 2nd Grade PTA Performance
October 19th: Homecoming Week-Friday- Spirit Day and 1st 9 Week Report Cards Sent Home
October 24th: United Nations Day 2018 - 19; Principal U; Vertical Alignment meetings; LA K-2 Facilitator on campus; Fire Dept. and Clowns Assembly for K to 2nd; Ms. Texas Assembly for 3rd to 5th at 2:00 PM
October 25th: PTA Membership/Trunk or Treat
October 31st: HALLOWEEN/ READ a THON
October 31st : BLT 7:15 to 8:15 - Coverage will be provided.
2018- 2019 Grade Posting Dates
End of 1st 9 weeks Report Card Information
It's almost Report Card time!
Enter ALL grades and comments by Monday, Oct 15 @ 11:45 p.m.
Report Cards will be printed by Wednesday, Oct. 17 and sent home on Thursday Oct. 18th
Here are a few reminders as you enter grades…
1. Assignments - All assignments should be dated Friday, Oct. 12 or before. So, if you are entering grades after Friday, please make sure the date of the "assignment" and "due date" is Friday, Oct. 12 or before otherwise the grades will be automatically posted for the 2nd Nine Weeks.
2. Language Arts Combined/Language Arts Average- After you have entered all of your Spelling, Writing, and Reading grades, please open your Language Arts Combined Class. This will ensure it weights each grade accurately.
3. Enter your "Life Skills."
4. Write Comments for your students that are descriptive comments helping summarize students' progress towards their academic goals.
-To enter comments in Skyward…
- Open your Life Skills, and click on comments. You will see 1st Nine Weeks, Post Comments.
Tutoring Attendance Spreadsheet
- Continue to fill out the Tutoring attendance spreadsheet for Title One data purposes.
- Each teacher is expected to be tutoring on Tuesday & Thursday afternoons from 3:15-3:45 p.m. (after duty).
- Mr. Berg: thanks for all the amazing ideas you bring to the 5th grade team!
- Ms. Wooster: thank you for all that you do to service the needs of our students.
- Thank you Mr. Colon for going to the science store to get supplies!
- Mrs. Medlock: thank you for tutoring our students in the morning
- Mr. Dixson for helping our 4th graders maintain order and safety in our classrooms when the teachers were away.
- Mr. Thomas for giving a helping hand to 4th grade!
- Ms. Vicki Butler for all the help and tech things she does for our team and school. Thank you Vicki. xoxo
- Ms. Marla Rodriguez for being such a great team leader and a sweet humble person!! We love you. xoxo
- Mrs. Lopez for the Smart water and Kind bars.
- My awesome partner Araceli for knowing what I need before I know I need it!
- Mrs. Sammon for the inspiring Disney quotes she shared with me that I read daily.
- Thanks to Mrs. Burleson and Mr. Colon for the prompt response in dealing with behavioral issue with students.
- Our third grade team & SPECIALS team for our luncheon preparation! Thank you!
- All of our LVES educators because . . . the days are tough and you show up, face up and endure. You are AMAZING people!
- Ms. Lawson for always displaying a smile when I see you. A simple smile positively impacts a person's day! Thank you Ms. Lawson.
- Ms. Deresia Scott & Ms. Sharica Jones for their continued dedication in their BIC classroom.
- Mrs. Veronica Hernandez, Mrs. Holder, Mr. Thomas, Mrs. Vando, Mrs. Guerreo and Mrs. Burleson for jumping in to help me during Students of the Month Breakfast.
- Mrs. Snell for always saying "copy" on the radio and running to the action. We are so blessed you joined our Pony family.
- Thank you to Mrs. Lopez for being an amazing team leader.
- Thank you to Mrs. Britney, ACE coordinator and Mr. Anderson for going the extra mile when one of our Ponies needed them.
- Thank you to Mrs. Simpson, Mrs. Burleson and Mrs. Lawson for being amazing. They are the best team I could work with.
- Thank you to Betty for always saying yes. :-) You are the best.
- Our amazing Office Staff for going above and beyond to help!
- Each and every one of our staff members for loving our Ponies and continuing to help them regardless of the situation.
- Wanda Oden for taking the time to call a parent and arrange a conference to address concerns she had with a student.
- Mr. Thomas for working with a group of students to write a jingle about school attendance. I know it's going to be a masterpiece.