Register to Vote NOW!
Megan Zhang Starnes-3rd
- A U.S. citizen
- A resident of the county and lived in residential address for at least 30 days prior to election date
- 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election
- Not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction
- Rescinded from any previous registration in another country or state
Ways to Register
- Full name
- Residential Address
- Date of Birth
- Citizenship Status
If the application is complete and the person is qualified, the county board of elections will mail a voter registration card to the applicant within 1-2 weeks.
North Carolina Registration Deadlines
Military, Overseas, and out of state registration
NC residents who are stationed outside in the military or overseas can register through:
- The Federal Postcard Application (FPCA)
- The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
You must physically sign the application and return it to the State Board of Elections by 5 p.m. the day before the election. This can be sent by mail, e-mail, or fax.
If you are currently out of state, you may register to vote in North Carolina if it is still your permanent residence. You can register by mail, e-mail, or fax from out of state.