Mrs. Arbuckle's Kindernews
March 25, 2016
What's Happening in Room 172
I am trying a new newsletter format this week. Please let me know if you have difficulties with it.
It's been a short, busy week. Kindergartners were delighted to see their friends again and tell what they have been doing during Spring Break.
Please bear in mind that the weather is highly changeable at the moment when dressing your child for school. Having a extra sweater can make recess a lot more fun!
This week in Reading, we worked on:
- reviewing all the hunks and chunks we have learned so far -
- identifying story elements - character, setting, events
- introducing beginning blends
In Math, we worked on:
- Counting coins – pennies, nickels, dimes, and introduced the quarter
- adding and subtracting games with dice
- counting on from numbers <100. There are a number of children still working on this skill and it makes a fun game to play in the car. Counting on from the street number (21st Street) or road number (eg SR 46) helps connect numbers to their life.
Ongoing – Kindergarten Registration for 2016-2017: please see Office Staff to register any incoming Kindergartners
Friday, April 1 - Quarter 3 Report cards go home
Monday, April 4 - Spring photos
Tuesday, April 19 - PTO Benefit Night @ Chicago Pizza and Yo Mama
Friday, April 22 – Southside Talent Show
Spring conferences - April 5, 6, 7, 11,12. Please sign up using the VolunteerSpot link below.
Upcoming Field Trips - more information will follow nearer the time
Thursday, May 5 - Ag Day, Bartholomew County Fairgrounds
Wednesday, May 11 - Kindergarten Field Trip to Indianapolis Children's Museum
If you would like a spring conference, please sign up using the VolunteerSpot link above. Please bear in mind that, per principal instructions, we will not discuss your child’s placement for next year.
Southside Talent Show 2016
MUSIC * DRAMA * DANCE * GYMNASTICS * RECITE
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016
- It is open to all students in grades K-6.
- Forms are due no later than Friday, April 1st.
- The purpose of the Talent Show is to give students an opportunity to discover, develop and display talents. It is not intended to be for competition and prestige.
- No act is to be over 5 minutes in length and all needed equipment is to be supplied by the students.
- If your child is singing, they will need to do it karaoke style, which means, you will not hear the artist’s voice, but your child can use the words on a monitor.
CLICK HERE for the FORM and return in your child's VIP folder by Friday, April 1st .
CLICK HERE for directions on how to receive text messages from Mrs. Arbuckle's Class