The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of December 3rd, 2018
Dear Liberty Park Families,
As temperatures continue to drop please make sure that your student(s) have proper winter wear. If we can be of any assistance in helping make sure your student has access to a winter coat, hat, gloves, etc. please contact the school office at 317-532-1850 and ask to speak with either Nurse Kelly or Mrs. Hench.
School Board and School policy encourage outdoor recess for our K-4 students whenever possible to encourage activity and social playtime. Our threshold for cold weather is 20 degrees. When the temperature falls below 20, students will have recess indoors. The 20 degree temperature would also include wind chill. In other words, if the temperature is 25 but the windchill falls below 20 degrees, students would remain indoors for recess. If students are not feeling well or a parent wants them to stay in for health reasons beyond 1-2 days, a doctor's note is required.
Don't forget that our PTA's annual Holly Jolly Fest is coming up on Friday, December 7th! It will run from 6-9pm, we hope you are able to stop by! See below for more information.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
4th Grade Distance Learning
Distance Learning with St. Louis Zoo
National Young Readers Week
Staff dressed up as their favorite book characters to celebrating reading
Cat in the Hat?
Mr. Brooks taking Dr. Seuss selfies
December 7th - Holly Jolly Fest (6-9pm)
December 12th - Late Start Day (1 hour delay)
December 21st - Last Day Before Winter Break
January 7th - School Resumes
January 11th - 2nd Quarter Report Cards Sent Home
Holly Jolly Fest ~ December 7th
Join us Friday, December 7th, 2018 for our 16th Annual Holly Jolly Festival! Stop by between 6-9pm.
PTA is still looking for volunteers for this years Holly Jolly. If you are interested, please contact us the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some highlights:
• LP families and community can buy game and meal tickets in advance (cash only) starting
next week, December 3rd in the main office.
• We will accept debit/credit cards the night of the event at the ticket counter, food
counter, and for the live auction.
• This year, we are adding an extra meal item to the menu. For dinner, we will be serving hot
dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and chicken patties for our main courses (all $5). For
our vegetarians, we will still offer a salad ($4). All meals will come with chips, drink and 2
• LP Staff Chili Cookoff—sample for free and vote on your favorite!
• All game/raffle tickets are sold for a quarter each. We will have premade tickets bags
available in $5 (20 tickets), $10 (40 tickets) and $20 (80 tickets) quantities. Just like
last year, you/your child will earn winnings at each game and can turn them in at the prize
booth for really cool prizes that you/they select!
• We are really excited about our vendors this year! Make sure to check out each booth for
fun gifts for yourself, family and friends.
• We have lots of raffle items for adults and children to win!
• The Live Auction is super fun to participate in. Grab your bid paddle from the auction
tables and join us at 7:30!
• Remember to stroll through the ENTIRE school! Mr. & Mrs. Claus will be in the media
center along with fun crafts, the photo booth, face painting and a balloon bender.
School Dismissal Manager:
Parents - Everyone should have received an email from School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. Please download the app or login via computer to set your child's DEFAULT dismissal. Once you have set their default, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's your email or have any questions. receive. Please contact the front office if you did not receive your email or if you have any questions.
Student Lunch Experience
Chartwells wants your feedback completing a survey to make your child's lunch experience more enjoyable! Please use this link, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CBPG8F3, on a computer, smart phone, or tablet to answer the survey questions and give us your responses by December 9, 2018. Thank you!
Updates and Information
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please call the front office at 532-1850 to report his/her absence. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Meet our newest Patriot!
Notes from the Nurse
Winter has arrived! Parents, please be sure your child is dressed properly as temperatures drop through the coming days. Hats, coats, gloves, and scarves should be worn by students every day as needed. Outdoor recess will still be ongoing as long as temperatures are 20'F or above. Students without a coat for the day will not be allowed to participate in outdoor activities. If a child is in need of a coat because they simply do not have one, we will be happy to assist your child in obtaining a winter coat. PLEASE PUT YOUR CHILD'S NAME IN or ON THEIR COATS/HATS/GLOVES/SCARVES!
Lost and Found is overflowing once again. If your student is missing a coat, jacket, hat, lunch box, or gloves, please come to the school clinic to peruse our collection of unclaimed items. Any item not reclaimed by December 21 will be donated to local charities.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse