A Weekly Newsletter From Grant School & the Grant PTA
Week of August 24, 2020
More Snap Shots of Distance Learning!
Teaching her awesome 5th-grade class!
Doing her morning zoom with her fantastic 4th-grade class!
Working hard with her brilliant 4th graders!
Supporting students and families through this challenging time!
Keeping our school clean and safe!
Holding it down in the Grant office!
Packing up delicious grab n' go lunches for students and their families!
Leading reading groups, hosting library zooms, and cataloging books!
Smiling at her wonderful 2nd and 3rd graders!
Mindfulness with Ozlem is Back!
Optional Mindfulness Classes on Wednesdays
1 pm K - 2nd grade
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 874 6412 3742
2 pm 3rd - 4th grade
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 871 8580 1688
3 pm 5th - 6th grade
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 835 6309 8285
Join the Grant PTA Online!
Here is the link to join and to find other useful information!
Here is the link to read a letter from Isabel Melara, this year's Grant PTA President
Grab and Go Meal Service
Grab and Go Meal Service will be provided two times per week for families who qualify for free and reduced meal service. Families will need to provide their student's name and identification number. Students from any school in PCS can pick up all of their students' lunches at our campus. We have all PCS students' ID numbers on file to make things easier for you!
Meals Served: Breakfast and Lunch
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday
Monday pickup will be 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts
Wednesday pick up will be 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts
Pick-up service time will be from 12:15 - 1 p.m.
Pick-up location: At the front of the school, near the marquee.
Amazon Smile, Box Tops and other ways to Support Grant
*Amazon Smile - The next time you put in an order from Amazon, please consider checking the Amazon Smile selection for Grant Elementary in Petaluma. You can also set Grant on Amazon smile on your mobile apps in the settings menu. https://smile.amazon.com/
*Box Tops have gone online! Now all you need to do to contribute is scan your grocery receipt! So easy!
Wear Your Grant Green Tomorrow!
*Online Services from the Petaluma Library :
and check out the kids page for great ideas! https://sonomalibrary.org/kids
*The Petaluma Education Foundation is Streaming the Bash Fundraiser!
The 2020 PEF Bash Free Live Stream Gala is Saturday, September 12th. Find all the details below including the Taste of the Town Raffle currently underway. PEF funds schools all over town, including Grant, via a yearly grant application process. Most recently, PEF funded Grant's emotional support tools and our Maker's Space/STEM Learning Center. It's a wonderful group to support!
2020 PEF BASH: BRINGING ALL STUDENTS HOPE!
We need you and your school community to:
- Tune-in to the online 2020 BASH Gala
- Watch the show
- Learn about how PEF partners with our schools
- Gather as a community united in support of our students
- Hear from students, teachers, community stakeholders, and PEF's partners
- Raise your virtual paddles and share in the FUN (we can all use a little fun at this time!)
- Tell/invite all your friends, neighbors, and co-workers about this special presentation - we need your school community to be part of this exciting presentation!
- This hour-long online gathering of our Friends of PEF, both near and far, is going to be entertaining and important in terms of support for our schools.
- Visit our event website and purchase add-on items to create their own BASH experience at home!
- SHOW LINE UP
- Pre-event VIP Virtual Happy Hour
- Live Auction featuring incredible regional getaways and unique experiences
- Taste of the Town Restaurant Raffle Ticket Winners (3) Announced
- Virtual Paddle Raise in support of the 2020 PEF Grant Program, benefiting YOUR students! Our goal is to raise $200,000 for grants this year.
- Fun, surprises, and much more!
- Special add-on menu to create your own BASH @ home experience (catered dinner, wine, virtual Happy hour access and more)
- BASH 2020 Event Website! https://pefinfo.com/event/pef-bash-gala-september-7th/
Taste of the Town BASH Restaurant Raffle! Tickets are $20/each for a chance to win one of three prizes: $1,000, $500, or $250 in local restaurant gift cards! Call Katy at PEF (707.778.5063) or contact a PEF Board Member to get tickets that benefit PEF and our local restaurants: a win-win! Prizes have been underwritten by W.K. McLellan Co.
In the Thank You Column:
- Thank you to our teachers for continued efforts in Distance Learning. We know it's not easy for anyone and we appreciate you!
- Thank you to the Grant staff for doing a great job organizing school supply pick ups.
- Thank you to Janice Whitaker for inventorying the Grant Spiritwear and for fulfilling orders!
- Thank you to all of our Grant families who have joined the PTA! Thank you for supporting Grant.
At a Glance
- September 7 - Labor Day NO SCHOOL
- September 24 - PTA Association Meeting