Sunset Valley Elementary 8/17/18
- WHAT A GREAT WEEK!!! I hope everyone will sleep well this weekend! We appreciate everyone's kind words, encouragement and support as we kicked off the 18-19 school year!
- Congratulations to super Jaguar Addison for representing SVE and LSR7 at the NFL Fuel Up to Play 60 Conference this summer!
- Next important date: Tuesday, August 21 for SVE Curriculum Night!! There are two sessions, and families can choose one to attend.
Session 1: 5:00-5:25
Session 2: 5:30-5:55
- Thank you to LSR7 transportation for safely transporting over 13,000 students to/from school this week. Wow!
- Another shout out to LSR7 transportation for transporting SVE teachers into the nearby subdivisions to welcome our students back to school and hand out popsicles. Super fun!!!!!
- The legacy of Aretha Franklin, who inspired so many, will live on in the hearts and minds of all.
- We are grateful at SVE for the wonderful support from our community patrons to support our students and families. If you are interested in learning more about the SVE Backsnack Program, please click here.
SVE Needs Volunteers!!!
LSR7 Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan (CFMP)
- The Comprehensive Facility Master Plan (CFMP) process is an opportunity for us, as a community, to think about and help design the future of schools for the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District.
- The Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan (CFMP) is our blueprint for ensuring all students can learn and grow in environments that promote collaboration, innovation and other essential “future ready” skills. The CFMP will guide district decision-making about current and potential future facilities and programs. It outlines the current status and future use of district buildings, and guides the allocation of capital improvement efforts according to capacity and programmatic needs and available funds.
JAGUARS HAVE POWER!!
We have a new POWER mission at Sunset Valley: Positive Outcomes Within Education and Relationships! Your child will be learning and practicing our new POWER Pledge which is printed below. We will recite this pledge daily with our morning announcements.
I have the power to be responsible and on task.
I have the power to act kind, and to respond appropriately and safely.
The way I use my power can change me and my relationships with others.
How will you use your POWER today?
RY Character Trait Highlight: Family
Lunch Guests Welcome starting September 4!!!
In order to provide a secure environment, ALL parents/visitors are required to enter the secured main entrance of the school. Visitors must present a valid I.D. and scan in as a guest via the Visitor Management System in order to gain access to the school beyond the main office. Name tags/bracelets are required to be worn by ALL visitors and staff. Parents/visitors must scan out in the office via the Visitor Management System.
Parents are welcome to visit school. Visits should be prearranged through the administrator and/or classroom teacher. In order to ensure limited disruption to instruction and the learning environment, the building administrator reserves the right to limit the length of time as well as determine the date and time when the prearranged visit is to occur. Picture taking and video creating during instructional day visits are not allowed and visitors are requested to adhere to this practice. Visits during the first and last two weeks of school, and just before or after winter and spring breaks, are discouraged.
Preschool, middle school and/or high school students are not allowed to visit in classrooms or participate in instructional activities during the elementary school day.
WE HOPE YOU HAVE TIME TO COME AND EAT LUNCH AT SVE THIS YEAR!!