Blue Room Floral Arrangement
- The blue room was designed by Architect James Hoban in 1792.
- This room was known by its shape - "Elliptical", "Oval", or "Circular" - until the color was changed to blue in 1837
- When it was completely furnished by First Lady Dolley Madison, the Blue Room became the principal formal drawing room of the White House.
- Although most of this suite was sold at auction in 1860, eight original pieces have been returned to the room since 1961.
- Although special meetings, luncheons, and dinners have been held in the room, it continues to be used for the purpose first intended - the formal reception room of the White House.
- Family events include the June 2, 1886 wedding of Grover Cleveland, the only President to marry in the White House. Since 1961,
- The White House Christmas tree has almost always been placed in the center of the room.
What I Used
Roses- Mass flower
Daisies- Form flower
Carnations- Filler flower
Bluebonnets- Line flower