Week of January 19th, 2016
Week of January 19th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
Tuesday, January 19th
- Dr. Cobb Visits Kellison - 10:30-12:00
- Staff Meeting - 3:30 - Library
Wednesday, January 20th
- Dickens at Presidents' Forum 9:30 a.m.
- Vertical Math Committee-3:30 Office
Thursday, January 21st
- Dickens, Kulifay, Muntean, McClain at District RTI Working Committee Meeting - 8:00-11:00
- KMOV Channel 4 at Kellison 12:00 p.m. - more information to come
- TLAC Book Study Makeup 3:30 p.m. - Chapter 4
- PSO General Board Meeting - Stefanie Steffan Presents on ELA - 6:45
Friday, January 22nd
- 100th Day of School
- Sunshine Committee Sponsored Event - Mug Your Neighbor - Library 7:30 a.m.
- HS Show Choir Performance - Optional Attendance - 9:30
- Mark Pennycuick at Kellison 1:00-3:00
- Kellison Staff Happy Hour - 4:00 Que Pasa
- Fifth Grade Movie Night 6:00 p.m.- Marshall's Miracle
A Look Forward - Week of January 25th
- First Day of CCL for Kindergarten
- Character Committee 3:30-Library
Tuesday, January 26th
- Staff Development Committee 3:30-Library
Wednesday, January 27th
- Intruder Drill - morning
- Spelling Bee 1:15 p.m.
- Friends of Fenton Planning Meeting 3:30 p.m. - Office
Thursday, January 28th
- Office Meeting 9:15 a.m.-Office
- Kellison Night at Papa John's
Friday, January 29th
- Fifth Grade Transition to middle school IEPs
Teacher Placement for 2016-2017
Mug Your Neighbor
Want to spice it up a little bit?
Bring in a new, wrapped mug before Friday, 1/22 (Let's see the unique ones you can find!) and deliver it to Kimberly or Suzanne. When you arrive on that morning, you'll get a number that matches one of the wrapped up packages, which will be a brand new mug to use at our hot chocolate/coffee bar. Don't like these warm beverages? It's okay! Come fill it up with some juice!
ROSE Award Nominations Now Open
The prestigious ROSE Award is bestowed upon individuals who show excellence of character, performance, leadership and service to the Rockwood School District, and is presented to a maximum of 15 individuals each year.
If you are interested in nominating a deserving individual, please visit the website below.
Campus Intruder Video/Plan
January 12th: PSO Executive Board Meeting - Allow parents the opportunity to preview the video and ask questions. Parents not on the board will be invited to see the video.
January 19th: Preview the video at our staff meeting and discuss talking points as a large group.
January 20th-26th: Show the video to your students and have a discussion around the talking points the video provides.
January 27th: Conduct a school-wide intruder drill.
The Happy Teacher Challenge
Here are this week's challenges:
Tuesday, 1/19: Strike up a conversation with a staff member you don't see very often or that you have talked to in a while.
Wednesday, 1/20: Organize the files on your computer's desktop. Create and label folders for those individual documents.
Thursday, 1/21: Drinking water helps energize muscles, keeps your kidneys healthy, and keeps you looking great. Have a water bottle nearby today and try to drink at least two liters.
Friday, 1/22: Get to work early and come to Mug Your Neighbor in the library at 7:30. Spend some time catching up with your colleagues.
Information was sent home to each grade level regarding their trivia night basket. As items arrive to school, please send them to the office.