Major, Double Major, or Minor
IN COMMUNITY YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Learn what it takes to engage youth in opportunities that foster the knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes to be active, engaged citizens for life.
COMMUNITY YOUTH DEVELOPMENT (CYD) PREPARES STUDENTS TO
- Build relationships mentoring and coaching with children and youth
- Understand the cognitive, physical, emotional, and social development of children and youth
- Incorporate the principles of age appropriate and cultural sensitivity into curriculum and program assessment, planning, and implementation
- Establish and create positive, healthy, and safe environments in which youth learn, play, and grow.
CYD builds confidence, competency and career-readiness to engage and empower children and youth!
- Youth Development Theories and Principles
- Plan, Implement and Evaluate Youth Services
- GET Real (Guidance and Engagement Techniques) with Youth
- Trauma-informed Youth Development
- Child or Adolescent Development (Psychology Department)