Founded by: The Aryans
They meditate and pray everyday. They have a Code of Conduct which are pretty much above in the three paths to moksha. They believe in Dharma, which are rules to life and how to live. They believe in Karma, in which we have heard. Every action has a result.
The great mother Goddess.
Importance has decreased. His personality was of three gods, the other two have lost their importance as well
These are other gods the Hindus worship
They can choose the deity they would like to worship.
The Holy Books
How does this affect their everyday lives?
Buddhism Founder: Siddhartha Gautama
- They believe in the Dharma, Karma, Moksha and reincarnation, just like Hindus. But, the Hindus have the Caste System. The Buddhists do not believe in the caste system because it is not fair, nor just. They believe the cause of suffering is desire. To end suffering, one must rid themselves of desire. The Four Noble Truths are what they believe are suffering, and the Eight Fold Path is what you must follow to rid yourself of desire and suffering. The Four Noble Truths:
- All life is suffering, with sickness and unhappiness. Although there are pleasures, they vanish in time.
- People suffer for one reason; they desire things. Desire is never satisfied.
- It is possible to end suffering. For one is aware they desire, their awareness will open a door to lasting peace.
- By changing your thinking and behavior, you will reach the Middle Way, which then can be followed by eight fold path.