No Teacher Left Behind
How would you suggest we as a nation, provide consistent learning opportunities for teachers and ensure that they are not left behind in learning new techniques and strategies?
Should all teachers across the country use certain practices? If so, what would those be?
All teachers should use specific practices. These practices should include;
- Good communication skills
- Have a clear and precise instruction
- Provide positive feedback
- Summarizing and note taking
- Non-fiction writing
Should there be a consistent standard for all teachers to meet, just as students must pass high stakes tests? If so, what would be the standard?
Yes, there should be a consistent standard for teachers to meet. These standards are listed amongst the ISTE Standards for Teachers. I think that each of these standards require an equal amount of consistency to ensure the success of the teacher. These standards are:
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments
- Model digital age work and learning
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- Engage in professional growth and leadership(ISTE, 2015).
Share your thoughts on How well teachers are being prepared to master the ISTE Standards for Teachers Standards in their classroom?
International Society for Technology in Education. ISTE Standards Teachers. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/20-14_ISTE_Standards-T_PDF.pdf
Jones, C. A. (2001). Preparing Teachers To Use Technology. Tech Support, 35-39.