Ms. Sizemore's Class News
Tuesday, May 3
- May 2 - May 6: Book Fair
- Wednesday, May 11: Hillcrest Literacy Night (6:00 - 7:30)
- Tuesday, May 17: Field Trip to Pack Library @ 1:00
- Thursda, May 19: Isaac Dickson: An Enduring Legacy (TAPAS Performance) @ 5:30
- Tuesday, May 24: EOG Testing Window Opens
- Friday, May 27: Spring Dance (6:00-Sundown)
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day (No school for students)
- Thursday, June 2: K-4 Field Day
- Tuesday, June 7: Third-grade Tailgate Market
- Wednesday, June 8: Last Day of School
The IDES Book Fair is currently taking place in the Media Center. It is a "Buy One, Get One Free" sale. This is a great opportunity to get your child ready for summer reading!
As part of a unit on economics and entrepreneurship, the third-grade students are planning a tailgate market for the last week of school. The kids have lots of ideas and Ms. Joan has lots of ideas for community partnerships. If you have ideas, resources or partnerships to offer, please let us know.
We have our final field trip to Pack Library Tuesday, May 17. On the way back, we will stop and get ice cream at Kilwin's. Please send in $3.00 to cover the cost of a sweet treat.
Literacy Night @ Hillcrest Community Center
All families are welcome to come to Literacy Night next Wednesday from 6:00 - 7:30 at the Hillcrest Community Center. Students will be making journals and playing games.
Isaac Dickson: An Enduring Legacy
This is our fourth week participating in our TAPAS grant with Sharon Smith. Students have learned about the art of improvisation, the life and time period of Isaac Dickson and are now working on their improvisation of Dickson's life. There will be an evening performance Thursday, May 19 at 5:30.
Christina is a volunteer with Junior Achievement. She is teaching financial literacy lessons to students in our class. Last week, students learned about city planning/zoning and the different ways money is exchanged. She will come in and teach three more lessons in the coming week.
Stand Against Racism March
- Thanks to Jennifer (Temoc's mom), Amanda (Myles' mom), Charlotte (Maya's mom) and Kelly (Alastair's mom) for walking with us to Pack Library.
- Thanks to Bonnie (Nora's mom) for joining us for the Stand Against Racism March.
- Thanks to Cassie's family and Henry's family for providing snacks this week and last.
- Thanks to Paul (Stella's dad) for making beautiful wooden boxes to house our dishes and cooking supplies. (See photo below.)