Bulldog Bulletin-Year End Edition
May 24, 2018
Dear Bulldog Families,
It has been an action-packed year full of teaching, learning, and growing. As I have been visiting classrooms the past several weeks, many have been engaged in study of life cycles: ladybugs, chicks, butterflies, tadpoles, plants…This study of life cycles caused me to reflect upon the cycle of a school year:
· getting to know each other and building community in the classroom, school-wide, and with families
· jumping into the reading and writing life and increasing our stamina each day
· researching historical events through reading, writing standards, and social studies standards
· building our number sense, computation, and problem-solving skills
· investigating science through using the scientific method and the design process
· making connections among texts, subject areas, and across grade-levels with projects and buddy classrooms
· engaging in authentic learning experiences with family and community experts and study trips
Our students have taken full advantage of the many opportunities to learn, and their growth is visible in many ways. Our hope is that you have also seen this growth and love for learning.
As we put the finishing touches on our 2017-2018 school year and our 4th grade students wrap up their time at New Britton, we would like to thank you for partnering with us this year! We wish nothing but the best for the class of 2026 and all of our students over the summer and in their continued learning journey. Have a relaxing and safe summer. We look forward to our upcoming 2018-2019 school year and the exciting changes and new adventures it will bring.
IMPORTANT RENOVATION INFORMATION
Please see the printed information that was sent home with students in K-3rd grade today or view the electronic copy at the link below. This sheet includes important renovation information that you may have seen before in NBE newsletters, PTO meetings, Social Media updates, NBE website, or bulletin board display, as well as new information such as parking lot and planned grade level locations throughout the year.
Please be sure to check the NBE website frequently as the 2018-2019 school year approaches. Important renovation updates will be posted there as well
Important things to do as school is coming to a close:
- Order your student's school supply kit for next year by JUNE 10. Use the link below to order and pay online. The kit will be delivered to your child's classroom for the Ice Cream Social!
- Make certain your student has returned: rental iPad, library books, or clothing borrowed from the NBE clinic
- Begin planning summer activities that will encourage continued learning, reading, writing, and thinking, Be sure to check out the public library for ideas. (see link below)
- Mark your calendar for the important dates listed below.
- Be sure to check the NBE website over the summer for the most up-to-date information.
Students in Mrs. Robinson and Mrs. Sanders’ kindergarten classes have been very interested in learning about the Carpenter Bees that have been busy on our playground. They have researched and found that these bees are attracted to untreated wood. As they researched solutions to this problem, they came up with a service opportunity in order for us to get a new bench made from a plastic substance. In order to do this, we need plastic lids of all sizes. We would appreciate it if you could collect caps and lids for us over the summer.
Please see the link below for acceptable caps and lids your family may collect over the summer. Please watch the NBE website for important information about turning in the caps and how our kindergarten students will be directly involved in the counting, sorting and weighing of the items in preparation for submission to the ABC Promise Partnership.
School Supply Packs
Order your child's School Supply Pack for the 2018-2019 school year by June 10, 2018.
Orders and payment will all be completed online and packs will be delivered to your child's classroom for the
Ice Cream Social on August 6th from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Breakfast of Champions
We recently had a Breakfast of Champions to recognize the hard work our teachers and support staff have put into this school year. Special recognition was given to teachers who have completed milestone years of service with Hamilton Southeastern School Corporation:
Special Education Teacher
Life Skills Teacher
Library Media Specialist
1st Grade Teacher
Our Honor and Excellence award recipient was Mrs. McClintic. She received this recognition for going above and beyond in her role as a Cafeteria Monitor. Our Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Sanders, was not only honored as our New Britton winner, but she also received special recognition for her work and passion for teaching as the Hamilton Southeastern School Corporation, Elementary Teacher of the Year. We are Bulldog Proud of all of our teachers and award winners.
We would also like to recognize our two retirees. Mrs. Perillo is retiring after 42 years of teaching, and Mrs. Worrall is retiring after 23 years. Both teachers have shown unwavering dedication to students, teaching, and learning. We wish them the best in their retirement!
Summer FUN at Fishers Public Library
Looking for some fun to keep your children entertained, engaged and learning? Check out the offerings at the Fishers Public Library! Reading Incentive Programs, Movie Nights, Star Wars Festival, Rapunzel author visit, and more! Click below to learn more!
Mark your Calendar
NBE Summer Office Hours
May 29 - June 12th: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
July 24th - August 3rd: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Back to School 2018-2019
8/2 6:30-7:30: Kindergarten Meet the Teacher (1 session)
8/6 5:30-7:00: NBE Ice Cream Social
8/8 8:55-3:40: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
8/21 6:30-8:00: 3rd & 4th grade - Meet the Teacher (2 sessions)
8/23 6:30-8:00: 1st & 2nd grade - Meet the Teacher (2 sessions)
Register now for HSE Preschool
NBE Summer Hours & Back to School dates
Be sure to mark your calendars for these important dates and events! Click the link below:
New Britton Elementary
8660 E. 131st Street
Fishers, IN 46038
Phone: (317) 594-4130
Fax: (317) 594-4139
Website: New Britton Elementary