Food Borne Illness
- muscle ache
- nausea or diarrhea
If infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms
- stiff neck
- loss of balance
But infected pregnant women may experience
- mild like flu symptoms
- Thoroughly cook raw food from animal sources, such as beef, pork, or poultry to a safe internal temperature.
- Rinse raw vegetables thoroughly under running tap water before eating.
- Keep uncooked meats and poultry separate from vegetables and from cooked foods and ready-to-eat foods.
- Do not drink unpasteurized milk, and do not eat foods that have unpasteurized milk in them.
- Wash hands, knives, counter tops, and cutting boards after handling and preparing uncooked foods