Harmony Middle School
Update for Hybrid Learners
Welcome back, hybrid learners!
Updates from Our School Nurse
- Parents must complete the Daily Covid Symptom Checker each morning. Only students who get the "green check" should come to school.
- Students who get a "red x" will need to isolate for ten days, or provide a doctor's note with clearance for school, or a negative Covid test.
- The Daily Covid Symptom Checker will be emailed to the primary parent each morning. If you do not see it, check your spam folder.
- Any parents who still need to drop off medication, our nurse will be working at the vaccination pod on Monday and Tuesday. She will be here every day beginning Wednesday morning.
Important Attendance Reminders
- Continue to report tardies and early dismissals on ParentVue or by emailing Erin Goodlin at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are picking your child up for an early dismissal, come to the door and buzz us. We will get your child for you. Having an early dismissal note ahead of time will expedite this process.
- Any hybrid student scheduled for in person learning should report unless they receive a red x on the daily symptom checker. Students who are ill are encouraged to join the Google Meet from home.
- Students will be marked absent if they do not report to school on their assigned days. If they are sick and join virtually, they will be marked present.
- When reporting your child sick, please specify the symptoms.
- Chromebook and charger. Please charge each night, but bring your charger just in case.
- Appropriate shoes on PE days
- Assignments, notebooks, folders, pencil pouch, etc.
- Book to read
Entering the Building Each Day
- Students will enter the main, front doors each morning. Masks must be on as students enter. Hats should be off to assist in thermal monitoring.
- Students should report to their morning holding locations. 8th graders in the auditorium; 7th graders in the cafeteria, and 6th graders in the main gym.
- Students will be dismissed to report to their Hive locations.
- Students will be required to wear masks on their buses.
- No bus passes will be written for any student to ride home with a different student or to ride a different bus home.
Second-semester student pupil transportation information is currently available in ParentVUE/StudentVUE. Transportation information is available for groups of students returning March 3.
All student households are strongly encouraged to check ParentVUE/StudentVUE to verify pupil transportation – bus, stop location, and times for the second semester. There have been a number of adjustments made across the county since the December return to 100 percent distance learning.
If you have questions related to ParentVUE, such as logging in or password assistance, please contact your school’s ParentVUE help staff. Additional information is available on the ParentVUE Resource Page.
If you have a concern about your student’s bus transportation, you can share it on the Transportation Concern Registry or use the link on the Transportation homepage at: https://www.lcps.org/transportation.
Please follow the map below for traffic patterns for drop off and pick up.
- Students will use the restroom in their assigned houses.
- Brain break, screen breaks, and mask breaks will occur throughout the day.
- Review this presentation our deans shared with students.
- Know the days you are coming back (Am I a Tuesday/Wednesday student or a Thursday / Friday student?)
- Schedules remain the same.
Final Tour Date
We are looking forward to seeing you all again! As we prepare for the Hybrid students’ return to school, we wanted to give those hybrid families the option to visit the building and to do a 20-minute or less self-guided tour of the building and class schedule. Here are some guidelines we are asking you to follow. Contact principal Stewart, email@example.com with questions.
- Harmony will be open Monday, March 1st from 7:30 AM until 5:00 PM for self-guided tours. This is the final date we are offering.
- Hybrid students only and one adult may visit the school together
- Before arrival - print or use phone for child’s schedule
- Make sure to print class room number and teacher name
- When here, find the classrooms or teaching locations on your schedule
- Teachers are NOT available to talk
- Please just make sure your kids know where their rooms will be
- Maps can be picked up at the front door
- Visit quickly and please depart after about 20 minutes
- 6th Graders - To prep for the visit, please make sure your child has completed the Escape room activity. Escape Room is mainly for 6th graders who haven’t been to Harmony yet but anyone can try it: ESCAPE ROOM
- 7th and 8th Graders - pick up a map when you arrive and walk through your class schedule. Follow goals above.
- This map will help you on your self-guided tour.
- In ParentVUE, make sure you have taken a picture of your child’s schedule, including the room numbers, or can pull it up on your phone.
- ALL Students:
- Enter the main entrance at the front of the building.
- Pick up a map at the table and begin your tour, following all mask and social distancing rules.
- Please make your visit quick; taking no more than 20 minutes to visit all rooms, HPE, music, and other electives before exiting the building
- ANY MONDAY (Feb 8 or Feb 22 or March 1) / Follow these guidelines for last names:
- Between 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM – Last names start with U - Z
- Between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM – Last names start with S - T
- Between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM – Last names start with P - R
- Between 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM – Last names start with M - O
- Between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM – Last names start with J - L
- Between 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM – Last names start with G - I
- Between 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM – Last names start with E - F
- Between 2:30 PM and 3:30 PM – Last names start with C - D
- Between 3:30 PM and 5:00 PM – Last names start with A - B
Email Eric Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to switch times so we can keep track of the amount of people in the building.
email@example.com, assistant principal (assessment)
firstname.lastname@example.org, assistant principal (special education)
email@example.com, registrar and attendance secretary