Dalai Lama Fellows
Application Now Live!
The Fellowship Journey
Join a growing, global network of young social entrepreneurs who are merging ethics, contemplative values, and compassion with innovation. Receive up to $10,000 to launch a project addressing a significant challenge in your community and to pay for travel to the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) near San Francisco. There, connect with Fellows from around the world and deepen your leadership capacity. Then participate in a yearlong distinctive curriculum with ongoing, personalized support as you implement your project. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a full-time student at Stanford when applying and during Fellowship year.
- Be able to attend the ELA from June 30 - July 7, 2013 & again in June 2014.
- Propose a project in one or more 4 Global Challenges: working across differences; protecting the environment; diminishing violence; alleviating poverty.
- Be available to refine project plan & plan travel logistics with program staff once selected.
- Dedicate time during the school year for your project, 3 monthly 90-minute calls organized by staff, and monthly reflective prompts from our workbook.