Bath County Middle School
Friday, November 22, 2019
- Attention to 7th Grade Parents: A recent audit has found several students are missing the required documents for school enrollment. Please check to see if your student has brought home a letter from the health unit requesting copies of missing requirements. These records are needed ASAP.
- Santa's Workshop will be here on December 2, 3, and 4, 2019 in the BCMS library.
- BCMS 7th and 8th Grade Winter Band Concert will be held on Thursday, December 5, at 1:30 pm, and 7:00 pm for the public.
- BCMS Backpack Program Food Drive will begin December 2-6. Collection Boxes are located in 6th Grade Ms. Dennis, 7th Grade Mrs. Watts, and 7th Grade Mrs. Bloomfield's classes. The top classroom in each grade will receive a Pizza Party and Ale-8's. (200 items minimum) and the grade level with the most items will receive a snack and extra break time. Sponsored by BCMS TOPS and the YSC. Thank you!
- 2019 Deck The Halls sponsored by the Bath County Memorial Library and the Bath County Arts Council. A silent auction to aid the Bath County Arts Council in promoting the arts in Bath County Proceeds will go directly to the arts program in Bath County Schools. The event will be held on Saturday, December 7. Christmas Items can be delivered to the Bath County Memorial Library until Thursday, December 5. Items may be viewed, and bids placed until Saturday, December 7. Online bidding ends at 3 pm. and live bidding ends at 4:59 p.m. Online bidding is on the events page of the Bath County Memorial Library.
- Bath County Boys Soccer is sponsoring Pancakes with Santa on December 7, 2019 from 8am-11am at Owingsville First Church of God Adult Ticket $8.00 and Child Ticket $5.00 (12 and Under) Includes: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage, or Bacon. Pictures with Santa Available for Purchase. Please see Missy Vincent if you would like to purchase a ticket.
- All Three Boys Basketball teams went down in defeat at home last night versus Rowan County. All three teams will be in action tomorrow at BCHS at the Pan-o-rama beginning at 10:00 am. Good Luck Wildcats!
- Any girl interested in participating in Varsity Girls Track and Field may sign up in the front office for the 2020 season.
Breakfast, November 22: Mini Pancake Dippers or Cereal, Toast, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch, November 22: Chicken Quesadilla, Corn, Cucumber Slices, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Breakfast, November 25: Sausage & Biscuit, or Cereal, Toast, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch, November 25: Boneless Chicken Winds, Curly Fries, Garden Salad, Fruit, Juice, Milk
- Congratulations to Jordan Swartz,Katelyn Parish, and Twyla Wilson for making the All-District Band. They will perform with other students selected from 16 surrounding counties at the Paramount Arts Center in January.
- The 2nd bus for the 8th Grade DC trip has been started. We have about 30 seats to fill. If you want to go and haven't made your deposit see Mrs. Beth McNabb before Tuesday before Thanksgiving. If parents want to go, deposits need to be made at this time also.
- STLP is offering a technology Help desk for teachers, staff, and students who need help with technology issues. Teachers and staff please check your email for a form that you can fill out anytime you need tech help.
- Any 7th or 8th Grade Beta Member interested in going to the Beta Convention on January 22-24 needs to see Ms. Ballman for more information packet. All money and forms are due back by December 11. Spots are available for the first 40 students who turn their forms in.
- 2020 Yearbooks are on sale! Cost is $25.00. Please see Mrs. Colwell if you would like to purchase a yearbook.
- Reality Day will be held at BCMS gym on November 26, 2019.
Quote of the day: "A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing, person inside." Dennis Waitley
The Title I program at Bath County Schools promotes the belief that all children can learn and acknowledges that parents share the school’s commitment to educational success for all students. We recognize that a student’s education is a responsibility shared by school, family, students, and community. District staff and staff within Title I schools work jointly to ensure effective involvement of parents and the success of the students in reaching high academic standards.
BATH COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Todd Neace Principal
Misty Johnson Assistant Principal
Hillary Lewis Counselor
Kaye Wells YSC
Missy Vincent Bookkeeper
Crystal Fields Attendance Clerk
Tracye Botts Receptionist