Clark eNews - 11/30/20
Your Weekly Clark Update
Clark News and Events
Reminder - 3rd Nine Week Changes to Instructional Environment Closes 11/30
Today is the last day to request a change of learning environment for the 3rd nine weeks. Changes requested will go into effect on January 5, 2021. Please login to the Parent Portal to request a change. If you do not wish to change your student's learning environment, no action is required. Please read the link below for full information.
Clark High School.
Calendar Adjustment for 12/14 and 12/18
Cohort B Adjustment: Monday, December 14, has been designated as a day for cohort B students (last names beginning with M-Z) to attend school (for face-to-face) or participate in synchronous learning (for School@Home). This day has been switched with Friday, December 18 for cohort B in order to ensure both cohorts participate in synchronous instruction the same number of minutes during the final week of the grading period.
All Students: Friday, December 18 is an asynchronous learning day for all students.
Clark Colorguard Clinics and Tryouts: Nov. 30 - Dec. 4
The Clark HS Colorguard is currently seeking 9th & 10th grade students interested in joining. No experience is needed! There will be 4 clinics leading up to the audition in which students will be taught everything they need to know. Students who are currently learning from home may still participate in the activity. Covid-19 rules and regulations will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety and protection of our staff and students.
Click on the flyer to learn more!
Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Celebration Art and Writing Contest Information - Submissions Due Thursday, 12/3
Please see the link below for information about participating in the Martin Luther King Jr. diversity Celebration Art and Writing Contest. All students are encouraged to participate in this opportunity regardless of if they are learning at school or at home. The theme this year is: Togetherness
Clark Speech and Debate Finishes Semester Competitions Strong
Clark Speech & Debate ended our fall semester strong at the Bowie/Lampasas virtual tournament. Check out our flyer below - we had seven kids get awards! We will enjoy our short break before we start our winter tournaments in January.
Clark Speech and Debate Newsletter
CHS AVID Newsletter - Being Thankful
As we are approaching the Thanksgiving holiday, please take a moment and check in on our AVID students and see what they are thankful for!
Reflections Participants Announcement
- Alishba Bankat Ali
- Haily Beasley
- Grace Bishop
- Deirdre Cooney
- Hanna Dunstone
- Flor Trevino Lira
- Scarlett Mayer
- Han Nguyen
- McClane Ozowski
- Jena Parrish
- John Yu
Face-2-Face and Virtual Tutorials Now Available
Just a reminder that we are now offering both face-to-face and virtual tutorials for selected courses!
Face-2-Face and Virtual Tutorial Schedule (use tabs at bottom to switch between modes)
Reminder for Face-to-Face Students: In order for students to enter the hallway in the morning, they will need to scan the QR code and fill out the Google Form. Students must fill out the Google Form prior to entering the hallways for contact tracing purposes.
Health Reminder From the Clinic
As a reminder, please take a moment each day to monitor your children’s health and do not send them to school if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. No one should enter a Plano ISD school or facility if any of the following apply:
- Sick with symptoms that could be COVID-19. Symptoms to watch for include fever (100°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, congestion/running nose, nausea/diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell.
- Has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
- Has a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or who is awaiting their own test results.
Parents may contact Nurse Phaiksee Chuah at 469-752-7209 or Phaiksee.email@example.com to report student illness or possible exposure.
Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when:
- They are 24 hours fever-free without using fever-reducing medication; and
- Symptoms improved (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.); and
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began
If a student wants to return to school prior to meeting the above criteria, they must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing them for return based on an alternative diagnosis or receive a negative PCR or antigen test.
Thank you for your assistance in doing your part to keep our students healthy and safe.
Free and Reduced Lunch Application Reminder
Families are strongly encouraged to complete free/reduced meal applications now wo when USDA funding expires, your children, if eligible, continue receiving free/reduced priced meals. Apply online at http://schoolcafe.com/pisd or visit the school to request a paper application.
Los estudiantes que dependen del Plan de Comidas gratis o reducido deben completar la solicitud para este año escolar lo antes posible, por favor.
Debe de llenar y enviar las solicitudes cada año escolar, aunque lo completo el año anterior.
Aunque podemos proporcionar comidas para todos los estudiantes, este programa termina para los estudiantes que no hayan completado el formulario cuando ya no tenga fondos. Para asegurarse de que su hijo/a continúe recibiendo comidas gratuitas o a precio reducido, por favor, complete la solicitud haciendo clic en el enlace de abajo.
Verification of Enrollment Forms and Clark Parking Pass Information
For students about to start driving and/or parking at Clark High School:
- The district has developed an online process for students who wish to request a Verification of Enrollment (VOE) form. Students may make a request for a VOE form at https://myforms.pisd.edu/Forms/VOE. The form will be completed and returned to the student via email.
- To park your vehicle at Clark HS, make sure that you fill out this form to recieve your CHS Parking Pass!
PSHS Softball - November Updates
We hope everyone had a healthy and safe holiday week! We are loving building the excitement of our future softball players! GO WILDCATS!
- Congrats to our Future Wildcat of the Month... a 7th grade softball star from HENDRICK MIDDLE SCHOOL: McKenzie Pilcher
- Check out our November Newsletter and our PSHS Wildcat Softball Website.
Thank you for your support, and I hope you enjoy your glimpse into the Plano Softball program!!!