Bridging PD in January
Notice & Note
Kylene Byers and Robert E. Probst, authors of Notice & Note, use 6 “signposts” alert readers to significant moments in a work of literature and encourage students to read closely. Learning to spot and use these signposts enables readers to explore the text, and find evidence to support their interpretations. In short, these close reading strategies will help students to notice and note.
These Notice & Note sign posts can assist our Fusion Readers look closely, reflect, and make interpretations with text they encounter. Try one out!
Since close reading and its impact on students is a current district ILT focus, this would be a great time to share with school staff how Fusion supports close reading!
Strategy Integration Bookmarks
Elizabeth Mills Berryhill School
Strategy Integration Bookmarks can be found in the Fusion Reading Teacher Tools folder.
Exciting News! Fusion Reading PLC
Pat Jefferson - Kennedy
Stephanie Johnson - Coulwwod
Kat Koppel-Dobbs - Walter G Byers
Elizabeth Mills - Berryhill
Nicole Sprackland - Martin
Looking for a way to increase student engagement and accountability? Try using the ClassTools.net Random Name Picker Wheel! With the Random Name Picker Wheel, you are able to input your student’s names and save class lists. Once you have added your student’s names, you can spin the wheel, and a random name is selected. The Random Name Picker Wheel allows you to remove names once they have already been chosen. With the sound effects and visuals, students eagerly await the upcoming name, and also know that they need to be ready, because the wheel may land on them next!
Abby Oaks, Fusion Reading Teacher South Charlotte Middle
Please share the wonderful things you are doing in your Fusion Reading classroom for the next newsletter.
- Department Chair Meeting - February 23rd
- Irma & Sue Visit - February 23rd, 24th, & 25th
- Fusion PASS PD - March 8th Lincoln Heights Academy 8:30-3:30
- Fusion Year 1 Pacing Reminder: Bridging February 8th - June 2nd
- Fusion Year 2 Pacing Reminder: Summarization - January 4th - March 11th; May 16th - May 26th
- Fusion Year 2 Pacing Reminder: PASS April 4th - May 13th
- Spring Break - March 25th to April 3rd
- Elementary/Middle/High School Transition - April 7th Phillip O Berry High School
- Middle School Scheduling - April 18th Spaugh
- EOGs Begin: May 25