HFRCS Newsletter SY2021-2022
November 16, 2021 - Volume 1 Issue 13
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope that all our families will be able to join us for our first-ever Powder Puff Flag Football game this Friday, at 6:00 pm at the St. John the Evangelist field, 752 Big Oak Road in Morrisville. The impetus for this event came from our 8th grade girls, who wanted to do something more for the Mulholland Family. All the proceeds from the event, from ticket sales, concessions, basket raffles and 50/50 raffle will go entirely to the Mulholland family. Please see the flyer in this newsletter for all the details. We are grateful to our 7th and 8th grade girl Powder Puff players, our faculty and staff, our 8th grade parents, and everyone involved with this event. I hope to see you there!
On Monday, we will be wrapping up our Thanksgiving Food Drive. All donations must be in by Monday. Anyone wishing to donate a turkey, must bring the turkey in on Monday, as we have no storage for turkeys in school. Anyone wishing to donate cash or grocery store gift cards should have them in by Friday, so turkeys can be purchased. Thank you for your support of our Thanksgiving Food Drive, as we offer full Thanksgiving meals to those in our school, parish, and local communities.
Finally, on Tuesday, Student Council will be sponsoring a $1 dress down day. Students are encouraged to wear their favorite football jersey or shirt, or their Holy Family spirit wear. Tuesday will also be the Turkey Bowl, where the students take on the faculty in a flag football match for the coveted Turkey Bowl Drumstick trophy, which was won by the faculty two years ago! Stay tuned…!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive
Our Thanksgiving Food Drive is well underway. We thank you for your generous response to the needs of our own parish families and those in our community. The following items have been assigned for the schoolwide food drive:
PreK/K: Cake mixes or brownie mixes
Grade 1: Boxed potatoes
Grade 2: Canned vegetables
Grade 3: Canned Fruits
Grade 4: Turkey gravy and cranberry sauce
Grade 5: Stuffing
Grade 6: Canned vegetables
Grade 7: Soup
Grade 8/Teachers/Staff/Administration: Cash or gift cards toward the purchase of a turkey
We are able to accept donations of frozen turkeys. While we cannot accept Giant turkey certificates, if you are able to redeem it and bring the turkey to school on Monday, November 22, we would be happy to take the donation. To ensure proper and safe food handling, please bring the frozen turkey to school on Monday morning. Please do not bring the turkey ahead of time as we do not have a place to properly store it.
If you would like to donate cash/gift cards toward the purchase of turkeys, please turn in your cash/gift cards to school by Friday, November 19. All other donations should be in by Monday, November 22.
Powder Puff Game - Friday, November 19 @ 6:00 pm
Admissions are $1 for children/students and $2 for adults. Snacks will be sold for $1 each and raffle basket tickets are $1 for 1 ticket and $5 for 6 tickets. All proceeds benefit the Danica Mullholland family. See flyer for more details.
Lunch Reminders & January Order
- There have been a few substitutions this week. The latest lunch menus are available at the school website (under Parents > Lunch Menu).
- If you ordered lunch for your child(ren), please remind them to come up and take their lunch. Lunch that is prepared for the day are for those students who ordered lunch.
- Milk can only be purchased if you placed a "Milk Only" order using our order form. Our milk stock is planned using the completed order forms.
The January lunch order form and menu are available! Lunch order for January is due on Tuesday, November 30:
- YEAR-LONG LUNCH ORDERS: If you already indicated in November or December that your child will receive lunch for the rest of the school year, there is no need to complete the form. If you are unsure, please complete one.
- MILK ONLY ORDERS: We must know your child's milk order by the deadline since we have to place the milk order separately with NDS. We are unable to provide milk for your child if no order was placed.
Questions about the Lunch Order Online Form?
Contact: Mrs. Michelle Mangapit email@example.com 215-269-9600 x206
Questions about the Breakfast/Lunch Program?
Contact: Mrs. Patricia Prasse firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 x210
School Start Time
For morning carline, we are grateful for your assistance getting your child(ren) ready to make our drop-off quick and efficient. Just a few reminders:
- Please have your child(ren) exit by the right passenger side (where possible) so they can safely walk toward the sidewalk.
- Parents should stay in their vehicles. We have staff ready to help open doors and assist your children out of the car. It would help if the children's seatbelts are unbuckled while waiting in line.
- Say goodbyes while you are waiting in line.
- Please have your children ready to go with their belongings (e.g. backpack, water bottles), so they do not leave anything behind.
Thank you for your cooperation.
November 15-19 - Safe Environment Training Part 1
November 19 - Powder Puff Game @ 6:00 pm - St. John the Evangelist field
November 22 - Thanksgiving Food Drive ends
November 23 - Student Council $1 Dress Down Day (Favorite football jersey/shirt or Holy Family spirit wear), Turkey Bowl
November 24 - 11:30 am Dismissal (K-Gr8)/11:00 am Dismissal (Pre-Kindergarten), 9:30 am Prayer Service
November 25-29 - Thanksgiving Break / School Holiday
November 30 - School resumes, online lunch order for January 2022 due
December 1 - Picture (Re-take) Day
December 3 - 1st Trimester Ends, Hawk Walk Incentives
Note: Save the date(s)! The Terra Nova Test is administered to students in Grades 2-7 and will take place on March 4 to March 10, 2022. Please mark your calendars and plan for your child(ren) to be in school during this period.
From the Enrollment Office
We kindly ask that you take a few short minutes to complete our satisfaction survey. It will not only provide us with some wonderful marketing material, but will also allow us to reflect on how we can improve the school and your family's overall experience at Holy Family. We thank you ahead of time for your resounding response and please do not ever hesitate to reach out if the Enrollment Office can ever be helpful!
Survey Link: https://forms.gle/wyGkhoBRZAN6FRau6
- Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year opens in January but if you plan on enrolling another child, please feel free to let us know as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Holy Family's Referral Program is a great way to grow our school community while taking at least $200 off of your tuition tab for the school year. Remember, there is no limit to the amount of times a family can utilize the referral program!
Mr. Jim Downey, Enrollment Director
email@example.com 215-269-9600 x209
Parish News: Queen of the Universe
Rev. Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
- Tuesday-Friday: 8:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 7:30 am (no music), 9:30 am (also virtual), 11:30 am, 1:00 pm (La Misa en Español)
Rite of Reconciliation:
- Thursday: 6:45 pm to 7:30 pm
- Saturday: 3:00 pm to 3:45 pm
Parish News: St. Frances Cabrini
Msgr. Magee, Weekend Assistant
In order to provide the opportunity for our volunteers to attend our Parish Mission on Monday and Tuesday evening, the Pot of Gold drawing scheduled for Monday, November 15 will be postponed until Wednesday, November 17. All tickets received by Monday night will be included in the drawing on Wednesday, November 17.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am