St. John Vianney FREP
Family Relgious Education Program Updates
Final Meeting of FREP for 2014-15: Sunday - May 3, 2015
- 9:00-9:30 am - Potluck breakfast beginning with grace before meals
- 9:30-9:50 am - Adult FREP will meet with Father Tom and complete evaluations
- 9:30-9:50 am - Parent-FREP class will meet with Lisa Burgess and complete evaluations
- 9:30-9:50 am - Students will meet with their instructors in the vicinity of the Parish Hall to turn in final homework, complete final evaluations, receive their participation certificates and receive final information for the summer from their instructors
- 9:50-10:00 am - Families assemble back in the Parish Hall where "life-size rosary" with all FREP family names on each "bead"
- 10:00-10:25 - Living Rosary Prayers proclaiming the five Glorious Mysteries recited by students and families as assigned
- 10:30 -10:40- Final comments and final blessing from Father Tom Firestone
- 11:00 am - First Holy Communion Mass with students from St. John Vianney Catholic School
HOMEWORK STILL BEING ACCEPTED AT LAST FREP CLASS MAY 3, 2015!
REMEMBER: Even if monthly objective homework documents from any FREP Meetings since October through March 29th have not been turned in, it is NEVER TOO LATE to turn the objective documents in to instructors. Homework objective documents are welcome at the final meeting of FREP on May 3rd! Please make every effort to turn in all missing homework objective sheets as well as assignments and projects assigned by instructors for students each month.
If parents have any questions or concerns about homework, it is recommended they contact instructors for any or all clarification.
Nearly 150 young people representing multiple parishes in the Genesee County area celebrated confirmation with Bishop Earl Boyea on Apri 23, 2015 at St. John Vianney. Click here to view highlights of this glorious event and occasion to remember!
St. John Vianney Vacation Bible School 2015: June 22-26, 2015!
- DATES & TIME: June 22-26 ~ 9:00 am - 12:15 pm,
- Students will learn how to conquer challenges with God's mighty power!
- Using science-fun gizmos, team building games, Bible Stories, and tasty treats students will see how our faith flows into real life!
- The program is for students in Kindergarten - 6th grade as of fall 2015.
- Adult and MS and HS students are needed to assist with the program each day.
- Contact Mrs. Maureen Kelsey at 235-1812 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Camps, Campers and Spiritual Activities to keep the Flame Aglow!
- Come pray the Rosary: http://www.comepraytherosary.org
- Summer Camps: http://www.summercamps.com
- Doorway to Solanus Casey: http://www.solanuscenter.org/portal.php
- Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture: http://www.meijergardens.org
- National Shrine of the Cross in the Woods: http://www.crossinthewoods.com
For some clever ideas of how to keep the "flame aglow" over the summer, click on this link from catholicmom.com to help you beat the heat while keeping kids in tune with their Catholic Faith!