What is HCG?The HCG Diet is used in combination with a low carbs diet providing only 500 calories a day. Dieters can expect to lose up to a pound a day by going on this diet. On this diet, you begin by eating high-fat foods for two days. Then you will use HCG for 23 or 43 days with the very low calorie diet. This diet resets hypothalamus, which repairs the metabolism. The next phase is called “stabilization” where you eat a normal calorie meal without sugars or starches. The next phase is the maintenance phase. In this phase, you can now eat foods with carbs.
- Includes unique information about the use of HCG.
- Provides a variety of recipes for dieters following the HCG diet.
- Produces rapid weight loss.
- Low carb diets reduce appetite.
- Nutritional information is provided for the recipes.
- HCG can cause side effects including hunger, fatigue and lightheadedness.
- First phase of the diet is extremely restrictive.
- Advocates a “quick-fix” approach to weight loss.
- Does not encourage regular exercise.
- Calorie allowances are far lower than those generally accepted as healthy.
- A meal plan is not provided.
- Does not include many recipes suitable for breakfast.
People who stay on the HCG diet for a long time could become malnourished.
- Only 500 calories a day.
- Either take a pill or get a daily injection that helps with weight loss.
In my opinion, this diet does not sound good for your body. 500 calories is not a lot at all. And the daily pills or injections doesn't sound good for the body either.