by Chris Enriquez
Jackie Robinson was born in Cairo, Georgia. Then he moved to Pasadena, California. When he was six months old his father left him and his brothers and sisters.
- Jackie Robinson served from 1942-1945 in the U.S. Army.
- In 1945 Branch Rickey drafted Jackie Robinson to play for the Brooklyn Dodgers.
Something important Jackie Robinson said
- "This ain't fun. But you watch me, I'll get it done.
What i leaned from Jackie Robinson
- What i leaned from this person is that he showed me not to give up and follow your dream.
In five words describe Jackie Robinson
Five facts about Jackie Robinson
- Robinson's life on base percentage of .410 is ranked 25th on the all-time list.
- President Theodore Roosevelt, who died 25 days before Robinson was born, was the inspiration for his middle name.
- "Jackie" Roosevelt Robinson was born January 31, 1919, in Cairo, Ga. Shortly after his birth, his family moved and settled in Pasadena, California.
- He was the first African American major league baseball player
- He never let the anger take him to do something bad.
Jackie Robinson: A Life Story