Google Employment Benefits
We want to make your life better and easier
You’re valuable to us, and our benefits and perks are there to show it.
Stay healthy, Save time
- Employees get free fitness classes and gyms, and are encouraged to participate in organized intramural sports.
- Medical insurance is provided to every employee and two members of their family after 1 month of working for the company.
- Google provides comprehensive health coverage with no restrictions.The health benefits include "massage credits", acupuncture and chiropractic.
- Employees also receive cash rewards of up to $400 a year for reaching physical activity goals!
- Google offers free Dental plans and Vision plans to employees of 6 months! including Free trips to the dentist, and privilege to use customized google glasses!
Skip work without worries
- Googlers and their families are covered with Travel insurance and Emergency assistance on personal vacations and on work related vacations with full pay.
- Google employees can get extended time off to follow their passions, and will be considered Personal Days, with no penalty as long as they write and share their story with the fellow thinkers, and will receive full pay as long as they have been working with us for more than 6 months!!
- Holidays are free for all!, you will be guaranteed off days on major holidays, but if you need a holiday, take a break and call it a personal day!
- no sick days, it's an honor system. If you're sick stay home. We don't want the other thinkers to get sick as well! Google has a very good online system for all its workers, allowing them to work from home. 1 hour sick time accumulated for each 30 hours worked
New parents get the break they deserve.
It's typical for mothers to get time off from work for up to six weeks after having a child, but at Google it's another story.
- New dads receive six weeks of paid leave, and moms can take up to 18 weeks.
- employees' stock continues to grow! (and they continue to receive bonuses) while they are on leave.
- Google even gives a bonus, called 'baby bonding bucks' shortly after your baby is born to help with expenses like diapers, takeout, and formula during your leave,
- When parents return to work, there are free on-site daycare for children.
Retire, when it's time to Retire
- With $1,290,075,671 in assets and serving 18,510 participants, the Google 401k Plan is among the top 10% largest plans reviewed by participant count, and top 10% largest plans reviewed by assets, with an average participant balance of $69,696 for retirement available after the age of 52!
- Participants have the opportunity to direct the investment of all the assets allocated to their individual accounts
- employees can contribute up to 60 percent and receive a match of up to the greater of. 100 percent of an employee's contribution up to $3,000, or 50 percent of their contribution up to $8,250 per year.
Google Life insurance
We give the pay you deserve! (salary rates vary on experience)
Software Engineer- $127,057
Senior Software Engineer - $162,223
Software Engineer III -$132,638
Product Manager- $148,839
Staff Software Engineer- $200,754