District-wide ENews Notes
February 10, 2022
- Tues., Feb. 15 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
- Tues., Feb. 15 - Safety Committee Meeting, Zoom, 3:45 p.m.
- Tues., Feb. 15 - Board of Education Meeting & Budget Study Session, High School Cafe., 6 p.m.
- Wed., Feb. 16 - Music Booster Club Mtg., High School Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
- Mon., Feb. 21 - Fri., Feb. 25 - Winter Recess - No School (Cougar Care Available Feb. 22-25)
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Notice of Public Hearing - Tuesday, February 15, 2022
The HF-L First Responders Tax Exemption Public Hearing is scheduled to take place prior to the next Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 6:00 p.m., in the High School Cafeteria. For individuals interested in a Zoom option, information below:
Public Hearing Webinar Zoom and Passcode: https://zoom.us/j/96871752486?pwd=blBIR2hqQWVZN3VBTHVNQWs1TEFvZz09 Passcode: 757161
Recently approved Real Property Tax Law §466-K provides that municipal governments in Monroe County may provide a 10% exemption on the assessed value of the principal residence of a volunteer firefighter or ambulance attendant. Qualifying volunteer first responders will need to serve for two years before obtaining this exemption. Once a first responder serves for 20 years, the exemption becomes permanent. Should the Board of Education choose to "opt-in" to this exemption, they are required to hold a public hearing and adopt a resolution authorizing this exemption. This resolution would need to be adopted by March 1n of the tax year it is implemented.
A preliminary investigation has found:
• The primary argument in favor exemption is that it will increase volunteerism and potentially
reduce the need for a community to hire a professional first-responder.
• This legislation is similar to the veteran's exemption in that it has no impact on the school
district's revenue. It simply shifts taxes from one homeowner to another property owner.
Senior Citizens' Matinee - Les Misérables
The Senior Citizens' annual matinee performance of this year's musical, Les Misérables is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 2 p.m., in the District Auditorium.
Unfortunately, the District will NOT be able to accommodate the luncheon this year.
Inside HF-L Winter 2022
Alumni Hall of Fame Seeking Nominations
HF-L Lacrosse Winter Training
Vacation Care is available for February break for students' grades K - 5. Tuesday, Feb 22 - Friday, Feb 25, 6:30 am - 6:00 pm located at Manor School. Field Trips and fun daily activities are planned! To avoid program cancellations please be sure to register early! For more information or to register click on the link below:
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- For Kids: Tuesday Story Time, 10 am
- For Adults: Alternating Wednesday Night Sit N Stich and alternating Thursday Morning Knit Nook.
- Medicare Information Sessions on alternating Mondays.
Special Events, please register for all programs below:
- MS & HS Crafting Event: Bookends and Binder Craft Night, Wed 2/16/2022 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Victoria B Plein Aire Painting Demonstration, Sat 2/19/2022 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- You Can Draw with Yuko: Illustrator Visit and Guided Drawing for Kids! Mon 2/21/2022 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Also, please complete our planning survey. We want to hear from everyone - library patrons and non-library patrons - so that we can learn how to serve you better. Email link (https://selfserve.decipherinc.com/survey/selfserve/1ed1/211201) or QR code below will take you to the anonymous survey. Thanks!
Food Security Assessment Survey in Livingston County
The results of the survey will help Livingston County to determine how many households in the county are dealing with food insecurity as well as their knowledge of and access to helpful resources. The survey should take between two and five minutes to administer.
- Before you start the survey, if you, or anyone in your household has taken the survey before do not take the survey.
- This survey is completely anonymous, and no information will be recorded that would allow responses to be traced back to the respondent.
- This survey is entirely optional, and there will be no consequences if you choose not to participate.
- Respondents also have the option not to answer any questions that they feel are too personal or that make them feel uncomfortable, additionally they have the right to opt out of the survey at any time.
Please use the following link when conducting this survey.