Week of 9/18/23
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
*Student Led Conferences, Tuesday, September 19th at 4:15-5:45pm
*PICTURE DAY!!, Wednesday, September 20th
*Kinder field trip, Thursday, September 28th
*Non-Instructional Day, Friday, September 29th
· School doors open for breakfast at 7:30.
· Instruction begins at 7:50 and ends at 3:20.
· Students are tardy after 8:00.
· School doors are locked at 3:00.
· School Bus route information: 325-248-2277
· Transportation changes must be made before 2:30.
· Student dismissals are not allowed after 3:00.
Parents, don't forget the buckle zone is at the top of the hill outside the curbed area.
· Excessive absences, tardies or early dismissals could result in truancy.
· A note is required to excuse absences within two days of the student returning to school.
· Absences are only excused for student illness or medical appointments, but a note should be turned in for all absences.
· Parents are permitted to write (10) parent notes to excuse an absence, a medical note will be required to excuse any additional absences.
· Absence notes can be turned in to the teacher, office or emailed to email@example.com.
· 90% Rule: State attendance laws require that students must attend class 90% of the time it is offered to receive credit and be promoted to the next grade level. All absences, regardless of excused or unexcused, including leaving early and coming in late, count toward the 90% Rule. This means a student cannot miss more than 18 days or parts of days.
Please be sure that your child chooses the proper shoes on PE days. Whether our workout involves running, walking, sports or gym equipment, a decent athletic shoe is a must! Proper shoes can help to prevent foot and ankle damage and make our games and workouts a more pleasant and comfortable experience. We ask that all shoes have a flat bottom, cover the toes and heels, and stay securely on the feet when moving forward, sideways, and backwards.
Physical Education Teacher
Mental Health Resources
Phoenix Center's Walk-in Mental Health Clinic provides in-person single session counseling services for children up to age 18 and their parents or guardians.
Licensed mental health professionals help address issues such as anxiety, depression, parenting, or challenging behaviors in a 50-minute session. For more information, visit https://www.phoenixtx.org/walkinclinic.
HELPFUL HOTLINES & TEXTLINES
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: 988
24 Hour Crisis Hotline: 1.800.841.1255
Bluebonnet Trails Mental Health Services (Local): 1.830.798.2902
National Youth Crisis Hotline: 1.800.442.4673 (HOPE)
Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” or “HELLO” to 741-741
325-388-8129 ext. 2302
📣 Seeking Parent LPAC Representative – Join Us Today! 📣
We are seeking to fill the role of Parent Representative on our Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC). If you have a child that participates in the ESL program and you’d like to serve as the parent representative, please email Mrs. Jackson, School Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 325-388-8129.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators to support English language learners (ELL) and ESL students.
- Participate in LPAC meetings to contribute insights on assessments and educational plans.
- Bridge communication between the school and parents of ELL and ESL students.
Your involvement can make a real difference in our students' success. Join us in creating a more inclusive and enriching learning environment.
325-388-8129 ext. 2302
Compliance with Public Law 114-95, Section 1112(e)(1)(B)(ii)]
To: All Parents or Guardians
Subject: Notification to Parents that Student being Taught by Non-Certified Teacher
In accordance with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)/PARENTS’ RIGHT-TO-KNOW,
requires that parents be notified if their child is assigned a teacher who does not hold
an appropriate state teaching certificate in the area in which the teacher has been
assigned. Consequently, I am taking this opportunity to inform you that your child’s
teacher may not currently have the appropriate state teaching certificate or permit.
Although your child’s teacher does not have the appropriate state teaching certificate,
we do believe that your child’s teacher is qualified to teach in this assignment. Our
staffing decisions are made to provide the best qualified person available for each class.
In addition, the campus administrator will be evaluating each teacher’s performance in
the classroom to ensure that your child receives quality instruction.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s teacher assignment, please feel free to
call Dr. Jennifer Caropepe (325) 388-8129 .
Packsaddle Elementary third, fourth, and fifth graders have been invited to perform at the Llano High School Football game on September 22nd. We are practicing the performance in PE and will be performing on the field with Llano Elementary students before the game. If your child would like to participate, they will need to be at the field by 5:15pm on Sept. 22nd. Mrs. Lord and Mrs. Bullard will meet students at the 4-H Tailgate and lead them to the field at the time of the performance. Parents will need to pick up their child after the performance.